Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Adver Update From Bob Holt  (Read 2283 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 07:33:21 »

BOB Holt has asked fans to be patient as the latest bid to take over the club is pushed through, writes STEVE BUTT.

He also promised that the identity of the consortium bidding for control at the County Ground will be revealed as soon as possible.

And with the current board set to remain in place under these new investors he also pleaded with Town fans to give them their support.

advertisement
Holt, a non-executive director at the club, also revealed that the Wills family are NOT profiting unfairly from the club.

Asked about the latest on the takeover Holt said: "I am not in a position to comment because it is at a very serious time in the takeover.

"Due diligence should start now and it shouldn't take long because we have already gone through the process with BEST Holdings, so the information is already there.

"These new investors are people that we were in talks with earlier in the year but were not going to be able to do anything until the latter part of the year, which is now.

"This is a more realistic opportunity for us from people who are very successful and have a proven track record in business."

Last week's interview with Sir Seton Wills' advisor Mike Diamandis revealed that the current board are set to remain if the latest consortium win control of the club.

But Holt believes that although supporters have been critical of the current board, their work should actually be recognised.

"I'd like to get across some of the achievements that this board has made," he said.

"Amongst other things since this board came in the attendance has gone up, season ticket sales have gone gone up, we've had success in the youth team, we've addressed the balance of debt and recovered years of lost account."

On the issue of the Wills family being accused by some fans of profiteering, he said: "I'd like to lay to rest comments about the Wills family profiteering from Swindon Town. The only interest against their loans to the club is about 15 per cent of the £8million.

"The reason they get interest on that 15 per cent is because they have loaned money against property that they own and have not sold yet.

"Everyone thinks the Wills family are making a huge profit from their loans - they are not."

8:25am today

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/display.var.1778756.0..php
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 07:50:03 »

He also promised that the identity of the consortium bidding for control at the County Ground will be revealed as soon as possible.

It's the Chuckle Brothers. I just know it. To me, to you.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 07:57:59 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
"I'd like to get across some of the achievements that this board has made," he said.

What like making more losses than 'you can shake a stick at', eh Bob !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
red macca

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:07:30 »

He said attendances are up, i thought they were down on last year
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:29:33 »

:doobie:

Is it this man???

(cryptic emoticon clue!)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:30:30 »

Bizare even by Bob's standards.....I suppose you work on the old principle if you repeat stuff often enough there will be those who believe it.....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:40:11 »

2000-2001, we finished mid table. Av league attendance 6362 if my maths are right.

2007-2008, average attendance thus far 6750.

An increase, but not a huge amount in it really considering we should be on a groundswell following promotion.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:44:06 »

Think he actually believes his own lies
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:50:42 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
:doobie:

Is it this man???

(cryptic emoticon clue!)

Aaahhh, I get you.

(Mainly because I heard you and Fred talking about said person on Saturday though)
red macca

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:51:33 »

who the fuck they are on about.. pm me
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 08:57:18 »

Come on Fatbury that doesn't really narrow it down outside of the Rasta ethnic group.

We need details...

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 09:07:13 »

"Amongst other things since this board came in the attendance has gone up, season ticket sales have gone gone up, we've had success in the youth team, we've addressed the balance of debt and recovered years of lost account."

Is that it then?    As regards attendance, in 02/03, they managed to oversee a season where uniquely the scum had a higher average than STFC, despite being in a lower league....by 04/05, they managed to oversee an average percentage fall in attendance on the previous season of -26.4%.   The highest in the Football League.

Addressed the balance of debt......to

Oberon and Titania,
   A Wooded Glade.
   Savernake Forest,
   Marlborough,
    Wilts.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 09:20:26 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

plus i didn't see any board member hitting the winner against tranmere - while they do appoint the manager, who appoints the team, who win the games, its the latter playing well that has more say in half of those achievements
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 09:21:36 »

Quote from: "red macca"
who the fuck they are on about.. pm me

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Come on Fatbury that doesn't really narrow it down outside of the Rasta ethnic group.

We need details...

What's the little man doing? Come on, think about it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 09:21:54 »

Shouldn't he be Committed by now? what is he dribbling on about.

In summary, we are in the same league with roughly the same attendances as when they took over, have continued with the same losses every year and now find ourselves, according to him, staring liquidation in the face.  That's progress for you.

Later today Bob will be showing the world that there is nothing to be concerned about with regards to TB in Badgers by eating one raw.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: