Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Interview today  (Read 6532 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:31:34 »

Good show Sam, good luck for round 2.  :thumbs:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:32:03 »

You won't need luck now mate, just go in there and get across how much you want the job, how willing you are to study and work hard and the jobs yours.

IFA's are salesmen, so go in there and sell yourself, and the rest will take care of itself.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:32:09 »

Don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I have to say it's looking good. They haven't even finished interviewing let alone shortlisting yet and they've already asked me back.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:43:19 »

well done sam, hope the next one goes well.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 18:25:18 »

**Bump bump**

Still no second interview, but had the agency guy on the phone today apologising for the delay etc.

Turns out they had one other candidate for the trainee adviser position who wasn't as qualified as me and didn't have the same level of experience. They've been invited back with a view to filling the office junior position.

And I've been tipped off that it's only me being invited back for a second interview for the trainee adviser position.

It's taken so long because I'm not as qualified as they'd have originally liked, but the MD was really impressed and is trying to figure out a way of fitting me into the team.

Not wanting to get my hopes up, but this sounds very very promising. As long as the MD gets everything sorted then the job's virtually mine.

My week has just got better and better!
Sussex

« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 18:40:00 »

Nice one. Looks promising!
Danjackson10

« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 18:42:11 »

Best of luck mate! I just got myself a new job and im well chuffed! Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 19:19:59 »

Quote from: "Danjackson10"
Best of luck mate! I just got myself a new job and im well chuffed! Cool

I didn't know they promoted nurses to doctors. Congrats
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:22:38 »

New update:

No second interview. The other candidate has taken the office junior role.

The MD has said he thinks I've got real potential and really wants to progress me, but doesn't feel that at the moment he can offer the support I need and to a greater extent deserve. He doesn't want me just sat there for a while doing administration which he admits is below me (his words, not mine).

He proposes to take me on in a couple of months time, probably at the end of January. By then he'll have established a structure within his company to be able to incorporate me easily and provide me with all the support and training I need.

I'm still waiting for final confirmation from the agency that this is what's going to happen for definate. But I have to say, I feel really happy and positive.

I didn't exactly fit the mould that he had in mind, but he obviously sees the potential in me to going completely out of his way to do all he can to fit me into his company.

Fingers majorly crossed for the phone call on Monday now.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:24:00 »

hope it happens Sam, sounds promising, if not exactly the news that you wanted right now.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:25:14 »

Thats ace partner

Fingers xsssed
flammableBen

« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:26:17 »

Word up Sam, sounds promising. I'll sleep with my fingers taped cross for you. Actually I won't because that's gay. But good luck anyway.
Gazza's Fat Mate

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:28:51 »

of course he could just be a cunt and has no intention of employing you and is just letting you down gently cos you weren't good enough for the job
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:29:37 »

Quote from: "Gazza's Fat Mate"
of course he could just be a cunt and has no intention of employing you and is just letting you down gently cos you weren't good enough for the job

that makes less than no sense based on what Sam has told us.
Gazza's Fat Mate

« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 23, 2007, 23:30:49 »

but i could be right some people don't know how to say no and therefore lie to try and make a bad thing good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: