Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: message to the board of swindon town fc  (Read 14339 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:12:41 »

could someone please copy and paste this message on as many forums as possible thank you.

My name is Iain Huddy. I have been coming to Swindon Town Fc long before any of you were involved in or even heard of this club. My Father like many families in Swindon first proudly took me to a game in the seventies, i was hooked.

Yesterday i was prevented from entering the ground and received the following letter.

SUSPENSION NOTICE

You have been issued with a suspension notice following your ejection from the Swindon Town Football Club, ground and facilities.

Your ejection was due to your non compliance with STFC ground regulations and/or inappropriate behaviour.

This suspension notice means you are not allowed to enter the ground or facilities of STFC until the reason for your ejection has been fully investigated by the STFC Management team.

You are advised to write to the safety officer at STFC to arrange a meeting to discuss your case.

The outcome of the investigation and subsequent meeting, if proven, could result in you being banned from STFC ground and facilities for a defined period, and in the case of a more serious offence, this could lead to a full season or life time ban.

I would like to state that I have never in my 30 years of attending football matches home and away, been ejected from a football ground. Not yesterday, not ever. I have never in anyway been involved in violence at a football ground. On receiving this notice as i tried to enter the Arkells stand, where i have watched football with a season ticket for 30 years, I asked to speak to the safety officer on numerous occasions, as i presumed there must be a case of mistaken identity. I was refused. I was accused of being violent in the past? At one point  a steward threatened to punch me in the face. At no point was i violent, yes i was angry, but never violent.

Last season I was voted supporter of the year. This was due to many reasons, namely that I live in Sussex and am currently receiving life saving dialysis treatment 3 times a week for 20 hours a week yet did not miss a home game and only a very few away. I like many others travel huge distances to see a "home" game. For me that involves a 250 mile round trip. I know of plenty of others who do more. To be turned away yesterday and to not be seen by anybody in the ground was despicable customer service.

The only fathomable reason i can understand for my treatment yesterday was due to the fact that i was asked by friends last week to represent their views on an ITV news item. I presume you did not like what I had to say and this is your form of petty retaliation.

The reason I was asked is mainly due to the fact I have daily dealings with the uk and world media. As Managing Director of a major worldwide press agency I already have the ear of not only the likes of local press such as the Advertiser and BBC and ITV West. I also have the ear of every national newspaper editor and national magazine editor, plus most news agencies world wide and many many magazines internationally.
The way this world works is that people owe each other favours and believe me I am owed numerous favours.

You have 72 hours to contact me before I pull in these favours, you have my details, I really do not want to have a picture of me in hospital attached to my dialysis machine printed worldwide.

I know that you read these forums.I just want to be able to come and watch the team I love. Yesterday was the final straw. I look forward to hearing from you.

Iain Huddy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:18:47 »

Class letter, i hope you receive an appropriate response!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:19:15 »

That is spot on fella, and I congratulate you in the manner you have wrote that letter. Hope you've posted it off to the club directly.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:22:23 »

Iain

Completely understand your stance.  I'm also angry.  I speak as a fellow fan who has also decided to boycott the County Ground for the forseeable future.

But PLEASE - edit your post and remove the threat to use your dialysis treatment as a tool to get the club's decision reversed.  Trust me...it's not the right way to go about this and they will use this against you.
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:23:24 »

Agreed. Spot on. Could Batch, Glos, Spencer or Ardiles cross-post onto MoS please? Ta.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:24:28 »

was it not steward number 2?
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:25:42 »

im not using my dialysis treatment as a tool. It is part of my life and one of the reasons i was awarded supporter of the year. It is also more importantly the reason I could never ever be violent. As i said to the chief steward yesterday when accused of this " if somone grabs my arm i will be in a hospital bed for 2 weeks" does that sound like someone who would want to be violent.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:26:34 »

not sure if it was 2 or 28 i will edit my post
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:27:53 »

Looks like 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/robus1971/fatty.jpg

/
W56196272
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:28:19 »

100% spot on Mex, keep the dialysis in the letter.  I feel you should keep it as it shows that you have a bad hand dealt already (dont intend to offend you with that)

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:28:48 »

I've copied it to the L&P forum.
Sussex

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:29:16 »

Quote from: "DV"
was it not steward number 2?

No, he had to pull the number eight out to join number 2 from behind his left tit.

(deffo twenty eight)

Fooking emoticons.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:30:18 »

I know.  I have enormous respect for your ability to handle something that I could not even begin to understand the consequences of.

The only passage I was concerned about in your piece was the section where you alluded to the picture of you in hospital attached to a dialysis machine.  Maybe I'm being over sensitive, but I'm not sure that bit needs to be said...and I'm sure they could work that one out for themselves in any case.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:31:34 »

PS  Only my view.  It seems I'm the only person who's raised it so maybe I am being over sensitive.  I'll copy to MOS.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 21, 2007, 20:32:18 »

Unfortunately Ardiles, thats the money shot and the one the press will want.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: