Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tonights meeting..  (Read 7373 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:11:59 »

We'll need loads of banners, & leaflets to hand out.

From the Dark Side
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:13:33 »

We need direct action.  Get around the box on Saturday, back the team but also let the board members know we mean business

sonic youth

« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:16:46 »

aren't we away this weekend?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:17:20 »

tranmere home.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:17:33 »

Firstly the situation STFC now find itself in was discussed. It was concluded that the cva payment/£1.8m owed to Inland Revenue were serious and immediate threats to the club. The consensus from the Trust’s perspective is that the HMRC are looking to clamp down on tardy payments from football clubs and would probably be willing to take a club down if it meant showing the rest of the league who’s boss.

Much discussion ensued about what we as a collective group of fans wanted to do (get the board out; put pressure on owners to sell; get owners to lower demands etc). The general theme remained the same, it was clear that nearly all people present felt that the club can not continue as it has been and some serious change needs to take place in order to keep the club alive.

Next discussions about how to achieve this took place. The idea of an appeal by the Trust to raise the sum of 900k/£1.8m to prove they have clout was mooted. It was further suggested that this should take more of the form of the Red Army Fund should the idea get the go ahead. This was because the fund should be kept away from the club (and the people many don’t trust) but also shouldn’t be a solely Trust-based effort. Some people suggested that the idea, whilst good in spirit wouldn’t be workable because of the timescale needed to get the ball rolling. It was also pointed out that the Trust have already had serious financial backing with Bill Power and Phil Emmel, but it didn’t seem to carry enough weight.

Lots of talk about protests, what form they could take, how we should try and get national media present along with the local and the pros and cons of each. One pain in the rear made a point that the current regime could put a negative spin on protests (like the pushing at the last protests). Many agreed it was a risk we would have to take. Some suggested protests would be futile. The protest ideas were as follows:

*Protest march through town.
*Protests before/after game round back of Arkells.
*Blocking in the executive/sponsors.
*Forming a human chain around the whole of the County Ground.
*Continuously crossing the magic roundabout to bring it to standstill.
*Staying in the centre/around the edge of magic roundabout so traffic not disrupted.
*Pitch invasion.

After much debate the following motions were put to the floor:

*An appeal fund for the cva/inland revenue money be set up – Motion defeated.
*The Trust to organise a protest march from the town centre to the ground on behalf of the floor, if it could be organised in time within the boundaries of the law – Motion carried.
*The Trust organise some sort of magic roundabout group protest, again if it could be done inside the law – Motion carried.
*A pitch invasion after the game (if it could be done legally) – Motion carried.
*A protest after the game behind the Arkells – Motion carried.

It was also suggested that a sit down protest should be temporarily disrupted to let out the opposition supporters coaches as the situation is not their fault etc.

BBC camera/Swindon Advertiser and GWR were all in attendance. GWR made big point they were fully supporting us. Tony Norris had to duck out half way through to talk to Radio 5 Live.

Millom got pissed up and angry and shouted lots. He also disappeared before I could give him a lift home.

Ben loves the camera more than he loves Guinness.

I seem to have done Andy Tuck’s job.

Basically the info will be put on the Trust site/media asap with regards to organisation of protests.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:21:04 »

You just make facts longer - your be on the trust board in no time Smiley

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:21:40 »

I made a point to Sam about the whole out of towners argument for not neing able to get to a march.

Complete wank. You get people like Mexico Red who can rush from Brighton to do interviews last minute.

If people have commitments like jobs fair enough. If not, get out of bed a bit earlier. Unless you don't want to do it, which is fair enough. Just don't make a rubbish excuse.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:23:40 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

True. I did do it because Paul D asked if I was going to. He's my idol.

I think you should run for Trust board membership, you seemed to have a lot to say tonight. It wouldn't do your street cred any harm, despite what you think Wink

Also it's you'll be.
sonic youth

« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:24:30 »

thanks for that si.

the fact is that some out-of-towners won't go out of their way to march to the ground from the centre of town if it's inconvenient to them.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:25:27 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I made a point to Sam about the whole out of towners argument for not neing able to get to a march.

Complete wank. You get people like Mexico Red who can rush from Brighton to do interviews last minute.

If people have commitments like jobs fair enough. If not, get out of bed a bit earlier. Unless you don't want to do it, which is fair enough. Just don't make a rubbish excuse.

You are right, i have to be up at 6am now for work saturday so i can get my shit done n leave early, but if you want it enough it's no biggy.

That aside, thanks loads for the swift run down, you're a star!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:26:34 »

legal pitch invasions, how would this be done....also what would achieve?

as I've said  before, if you want to invade the pitch do it before the game as it will disrupt the game.

People who have no interest will see we kicked off late and wonder why.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:27:09 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "Bushey Boy"

True. I did do it because Paul D asked if I was going to. He's my idol.

I think you should run for Trust board membership, you seemed to have a lot to say tonight. It wouldn't do your street cred any harm, despite what you think Wink

Also it's you'll be.

Just angry about the whole situation, no chance of that happening.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:27:12 »

That's very true. Just seems like if we're all that worried about the club going under very soon, we'd make the effort. I hear what you're saying though.

I fully expect the march to be only a few people. The magic roundabout idea will only be a few people. The pitch invasion will only be a few people. That's with or without Trust backing. This is because, as Olive pointed out, people will just go to the pub.

The after match protest should be the priority but we do need to do other things  in addition as it can't do any harm.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:27:56 »

cheers for the review Si, look forward to hearing what the trust are allowed to do.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 15, 2007, 22:29:49 »

It was average of these sort of thing im afraid.

To much suggestion,not enough actual leadership.

The people at the meeting tonight wanted action and were crying out for leadership.The Trust for certain reasons (that I fully accept) could not go with the consensus opinion which was pretty much "storm the baracades".Paul and the boys have to be Legally carefull about everything they say and do.If I had the guts Id loved to have asked the Trust board at the meeting to move aside and stood there and said "bring it on!" but I couldn't im crap.

For my money, we voted on to many options.If there is a sucsessful march?protest?invasion? I will be more than a bit amazed and of course I voted such.Personaly I think the whole deal has been too ditlued.

That said ,I'll be there if needed .

P.s I shockingly found myself agreeing with Maverick on more than one point!!I certainly think we are protesting without everyone knowing why............

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: