Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So the tranmere game  (Read 8545 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 14:24:11 »

I could ask the kids here to do one!!  Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 14:31:04 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Suny not trying to be funny but stating the facts as they are.

You cannot put incompetent people in charge of a company and then complain because they lose your money- a buyer comes along then expect them to cover all your losses. Dont work like that im afraid.

Bart, just being curious...it seems you always have something to say, yest out side at the protests you wouldnt say anything on the camera, and then i heard you say you couldnt because it would jepordise your job.

What is it you do exactly?

I understand you might not want to post it on here, so pm will be fine if you like.
Spud

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 14:36:13 »

Quote from: "RoyW"
I could ask the kids here to do one!!  Cheesy

Dooooooooooooooooooooooo Itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 15:06:24 »

Quote from: "SteveDave"

I understand you might not want to post it on here, so pm will be fine if you like.

Yeah

Then post it on here would you Seb mate ?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 15:16:47 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "SteveDave"

Yeah

Then post it on here would you Seb mate ?

i would never do such a think frederick :--

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 15:31:17 »

he's a secret agent and his cover would be blown
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 18:24:56 »

:nuts:

Its Halloween in less than 3 weeks. Surely some shitty gimmick shop must have a near lifesize coffin lying around just waiting for this moment......just a thought?Huh?
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 19:03:37 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
:nuts:

Its Halloween in less than 3 weeks. Surely some shitty gimmick shop must have a near lifesize coffin lying around just waiting for this moment......just a thought?Huh?

http://www.spirithalloween.com/Decor_Skeletons-Reapers/Coffin-with-Skeleton-Decoration

Logistics problem involved with shipping to the UK (i.e. they don't!), but otherwise thats perfect!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=coffin+prop&spell=1

There's an article on there on how to build one, 2nd or 3rd hit down. Can't open it at work (damn firewall) so I don't know whether its sound or not.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 19:15:57 »

Im a rebel Reg,I have no fear of the law.

/
W56196272
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 19:21:24 »

This one ships to the UK

http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/0/Product/20239/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=SCE-msn

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 19:24:25 »

Quote from: "Olive"
Im a rebel Reg,I have no fear of the law.

Good i think you're just the man for a father's 4 justice style narwhal, whereby you climb up the floodlight pylons dressed as Rockin Robin and refuse to come down until the Board has gone.

Well keep you in beer and fags....anyone got a dumb waiter?
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 19:27:33 »

Quote from: "ghanimah"

$66.98 shipped to the UK. Just over 35 quid.....
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 19:39:10 »

http://www.justforfun.co.uk/prod.asp?code=ARU1411

This lot are actually based in the UK, also they do a next day delivery option... presumably with a courier, which might be handy if the postie's are all going on strike again.
TalkTalk

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 21:22:40 »

FFS, I'll make a coffin if nobody can get their act in order.

And it will be waterproof and Ben proof.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 21:39:04 »

No apologies for a long post as they're few and far between.

As a non activist but sometime TEF floater, I'm presumably the sort who needs to be engaged to take any planned event beyond the back door of the Arkells stuff seen so far.

On Tuesday afternoon somebody questioned the objectives of the protest and was trampled over by the rush of ideas and emotion.  Understandable, but the point remains valid.  If the objectives aren't clear out of Monday, it could become a damp and dispiriting anti-climax.

Objective - remove the board or save the club?  What do you want to achieve?

There's a fundamental difference between organising to remove the board through negative protest versus positively trying to save the club, and the way it's perceived in the world beyond the TEF is key.  

For me, going down the familar Trust (plus some new friends) v Board battlelines doesn't do it.  Years of dissent and....we're nearer the cliff than ever before.  The same approach but louder and on a road will not work: it's not going to capture imagination beyond the TEF.  The protests are gifts for the Board, it's easy to  blame the busy bodies for potential investors legging it, any of us could write this week's Friday statement.  And if you don't think that response still has resonance (right or wrong) with an awful lot of the fan-base, get out more.

I believe that there is another way.  We all know that STFC does not have a future with the current regime.  Period. They either cut a deal, sharp and leave or there is no club.  The time for protests has long gone, but the time for showing the importance of this Football Club, is now. Therefore any events should not be about them, but us. Show how much they matter to the future of STFC by ignoring them.  We can make the Tranmere game a celebration of both the past - and what the future could be.

The creative amongst you will find generating the ideas easy. The Happy Clappers should be in their element. Engaging real life ex players might be tough, but singing a million songs from down the ages, all day, won't be.  Engaging the Rogers generation en masse isn't going to happen, but celebrating the life and times of Town fans through the ages in fancy dress and old memorabilia could do (there are enough accidental skinheads around to make the 70s a doddle).  Demonstrating outside the Arkells after the game hasn't caught on, staying in the Town End singing about Chris Kamara and Alan Macca and Jan Aage, well who knows?

The media will need a new and different angle: older folk and children should be ruthlessly exploited to emphasise the Past and Future message.  Above all it should be red and white.

Celebration of us or protest at them?

And if it all fails, better to give our club a proper fucking send off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: