Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So the tranmere game  (Read 8540 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:26:38 »

Quote from: "arriba"
personally i dont think it matters about coffins or specific banners ect.all that is fine if people want to do it but its not really important.getting as many people as possible to turn up and make a stand is what counts.

aBSOLUTELY AND thats what it is about, with gimmicks etc, its gets people talking and aware and hopefully increase numbers.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:27:32 »

personally i dont think it matters about coffins or specific banners ect.all that is fine if people want to do it but its not really important.getting as many people as possible to turn up and make a stand is what counts.

I disagree.

The message is all important.  

The people who turn up will know what its about and so will the board.  The people who see us marching won't have the foggiest if they're not already aware of whats going on.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:29:19 »

Quote from: "Ironside"

I disagree.

The people who turn up will know what its about and so will the board.  The people who see us marching won't have the foggiest if they're not already aware of whats going on.

Thats the point. They wont know and chances are if they are not interested in STFC they wont care
flammableBen

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:30:12 »

Banners and stuff give the whole thing more of a focal point. It helps the media get a good angle which is useful because let's face it, if I was a journalist I'd like my job to be made easier. In fact it just generally draws peoples attentions.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:39:27 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "Ironside"

I disagree.

Thats the point. They wont know and chances are if they are not interested in STFC they wont care

Again, I disagree (but take your point)

I know many who have said they're fans but have stopped going for one reason or another.  The type of bloke who looks for the result on a Saturday, even if we just get a few of them interested again it will be worthwhile.  

Be honest.  Most football fans, whilst fiercely partisan toward there own clubs, probably don't want to see other clubs going to the wall.  I wouldn't want to see any other club going bust (maybe dropping out of the league, but not disappearing from existence altogether).

Its also good for the Papers & TV to see the placards, displaying the message.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:42:11 »

i didn't mean no banners or stuff.just that they dont have to be specific ie what gazza was saying.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:42:49 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

Could be true, as someone has to pick it up no one is going to rush to buy, perhaps I can touch base with him to get his details etc incase we need it later if he doesnt sell? Or you can if you want to sort it?

I don't think we need to get in touch with the ebay bloke just yet. I can't imagine there is that much call for homemade coffins in the Swindon area.

If you have Paul's number might be worth sending a text or giving him a ring to see if this is worth pursuing, but he'll probably read this before long anyway.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:54:05 »

As complex as the whole issue is, we cn sum it up in one simple message:

The Wills' are placing their own financial worth ahead of the STFC, the thousands of STFC fans and town as a whole.

Ideally, I don't want to see Seton Wills a bankrupt. But his personal solvency is NOT a price worth paying for the death of STFC
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:58:24 »

The only reason he has had to loan money in the first place is because of his appointed advisor/board incompetence.

No sympathy with the guy whatsoever. If he had the right people running the club he wouldnt have had to keep putting his hands in his pockets
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 12:59:49 »

Thank you Bart, you can leave the room now

Sad to say, i must be on my way
HarryFleming

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 13:00:23 »

Agree 100% Bart
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 13:10:13 »

Suny not trying to be funny but stating the facts as they are.

You cannot put incompetent people in charge of a company and then complain because they lose your money- a buyer comes along then expect them to cover all your losses. Dont work like that im afraid.
neville w

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 13:33:41 »

Quote from: "McLovin"
Makeing one out of boxes should be do-able by someone with an ounce of creativity. Unfortunately i have the artistic prowess of a disabled antelope.

No-eyed deer ?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 13:34:22 »

you could cut its legs off.

still no idea.
Spud

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, October 11, 2007, 14:18:32 »

Hasn't anybody here got a Brother or Sister who could knock up a Coffin in their Technology lesson at School?  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: