Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swansea Last Night  (Read 3007 times)
red macca

« on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 08:49:15 »

Thought we were very unlucky last night and definatly deserved something out of this game. Cant be assed to read the other 16 pages so this is my quick summary.

Our left side is our ONLY weakness we have in the team Zabooub and Vincent simply are not good enough.They found their level last year and are now being caught out.I never thought i would say this but i wish Nicho would hurry up and get fit.Peacock is not performing at the moment and does not stop moaning and i await the weekly oooh i felt a twinge im not 100%, if your not fit dont play.I would be very tempted to play jpm in the centre just to add some creativity.

On the whole we played well and will play alot worse this season and pick up points so im not that disapointed to be honest.

Ref = Shit

Stewards are fucking wankers the worst i have experienced and after the game i saw 3 welsh lads playing Rugby with a balloon which will explain why they got knocked out the rugby world cup so early.

Cheers for the lift Bushey
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 08:54:49 »

Probably the fairest write up i have seen before

http://www.scfc.co.uk/07swih.html
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 08:55:18 »

I've been wondering about JP in the middle lately, he doesn't have the pace to get past his man really so hasn't been getting many crosses into the box.

If he were in the middle he'd have the quality to find the wingers more often than they are currently.  

Think we should try it against Cheltenham in the JPT.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 08:57:40 »

Roberts let himself down by taunting the East Stand with his petty 'Ayatollah'

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:03:14 »

The 'problem' moving JPM to the middle is that we don't have anyone else who can cross as accurately as he can. I didn't go to Milwall or Swansea so I can't comment on whether he has shown it in those matches, but he does have an excellent cross when on form. And Sturrock likes to get those crosses in!

Can somebody explain what the whole 'Ayatollah' thing is about. Despite living in Swansea for 3 years I managed to miss out on it's meaning!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:05:22 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayatollah

Surely that can't be right?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:06:17 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Can somebody explain what the whole 'Ayatollah' thing is about. Despite living in Swansea for 3 years I managed to miss out on it's meaning!

The "Ayatollah" is the celebration of choice for Cardiff City fans.

It originates from the funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran in 1989, where mourners slapped their heads with grief for their former leader.

One Bluebirds fan saw this on TV and started doing the same at Cardiff matches, encouraging his friends to do the same.

Now the whole of Ninian Park, the home ground of Cardiff City, can be seen doing the "Ayatollah".

Some Swindon fans were told to stop doing it last night because the Swansea fans found it racist  :roll:
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:08:14 »

haha cheers Sam.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:14:35 »

The 'problem' moving JPM to the middle is that we don't have anyone else who can cross as accurately as he can. I didn't go to Milwall or Swansea so I can't comment on whether he has shown it in those matches, but he does have an excellent cross when on form. And Sturrock likes to get those crosses in!

But then our other wingers have the extra bit of pace to get the crosses in in the first place, so they're bound to be more accurate than no cross...

I do think we need that extra creativity through the middle, Peacock hasn't been the revelation in midfield I'd hoped, JP does also like a challenge so wouldn't be a risk in that respect.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:16:46 »

With regard to Zaboub, he needs to calm it down, look around before punting it off into the middle of nowhere....

There were so many occasions last night where the ball had come to him where he had a chance to break and instead of running with it as far as he could , he just lumped it up field when he had bags of space and time.

We need a more composed winger who takes the time to look around before passing.  Forget fancy footwork, stick to basics
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:30:25 »

The stewards were a joke, so was listening to Macca nd his mate (2 women bitching  Cheesy )

Good away game though deserved a draw, roberts on form and fair play to his celebration

fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 09:40:32 »

Bring back the Rock and the results will follow!

Seriously tho Id prefer a midfield 3 with one sitting deep with one winger who moves from right to left during the match - could be Roberts, McGovern .. whoever ..
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:07:03 »

I would have taken off Zaaboub after 20 minutes. He was a complete liability defensively. Recovered a bit second half to put a few decent crosses in.

The stewarding ruined what could have been a lively atmosphere. Over the top.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:09:18 »

Thanks for explaining the Ayatollah.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:12:21 »

Thanks for explaining the Ayatollah.

No problem.

For those who may care, it's also why Welsh rugby union player Gareth Thomas slaps his head after he scores a try - hes a Cardiff City fan.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: