Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver comment  (Read 1354 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 09:27:10 »

THREE weeks ago, on August 29, the Advertiser published a back page editorial urging swift answers to the many questions still outstanding about both the nature of Best Holdings takeover and the future direction of Swindon Town.

In fact, since news of this takeover broke earlier this summer, this newspaper has pressed the powers-that-be for answers, interviews and clarification on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, the resulting silence on the subject from the hierarchy at the County Ground has been deafening.

The statement due today is expected to shed some light - but will it answer all the questions?

Meanwhile, the rumour, speculation and conjecture surrounding the club continues to cast a threatening shadow over the considerable achievements of Paul Sturrock's team on the pitch.

Yet now, while all the previous questions - too many to mention again - remain valid, another one needs urgent attention.

Namely, is this much-heralded takeover in danger of floundering?

Evidence? Well, it is now around 11 weeks since Town revealed they would be taken over, in their own words providing the solution that will disperse forever the dark financial clouds' that have for too long hung over the County Ground.

It is five weeks since BEST Holdings SGPS S.A signed a contract to take full control of the club, club director Bob Holt even contacting this newspaper to urge us to clarify that completion would take place within a fortnight.

At virtually the same time, CVA administrator Andrew Andronikou declared he expected to receive the funds to pay off the club's creditors within days.

To the Advertiser's knowledge, that has not been forthcoming - although the agreement expired three months ago, more than long enough to have creditors worried.

And it is now 11 days since Jose Veiga was paraded to the supporters - and television cameras - at half-time in the 1-0 home defeat by Yeovil as the club's new general manager'.

Since then nothing, save for Andronikou accusing the supporters' trust and borough council - to whom Town still owe money - of putting the club at risk.

Meanwhile, Sturrock's attempts to hold a meeting with Veiga, chairman designate Jim Little and sporting director Rufus Brevett to provide the "clarity'' he - and everyone else - urgently needs to move forward have been thwarted on at least two occasions.

Yes, delicate financial transactions and takeovers take time - but this saga seems neverending.

The new' owners may feel unable or unwilling to comment until everything is rubber-stamped.

The old' regime though have no need to be so reticent about providing reassurance to their paying customers.

They may well feel, as Andronikou has seemed so keen to point out, that a handful' of people are causing the club grief' by posing questions that supporters want answered, but they seem so reluctant to address.

Wrong, chaps. There are MANY supporters concerned at the lack of information and clarity' coming from yourselves.

And even your own manager is frustrated - as his comments regarding the situation in the past couple of weeks clearly indicate.

Some dark clouds' need dispersing all right - those of the club's own making.

Or is this fantastic news' yet another false dawn?

Think it speaks for most fans on how they are feeling. Well done adver!  :bow1:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 09:44:26 »

Oooh, sonic won't be happy. Looks like the Adver left their logic at the lobotomy door.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 09:45:21 »

Spot on, what a way to start a "new era" - silence, sssssssshhhhhhh!!!!!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 09:47:21 »

Look at this comment:  :shock:

Posted by: Bob Newton, Swindon on 9:53am today

I think that the Swindon Advertiser should stick to publishing facts rather than making an entire story up on the basis of the dicussions on their forum. If you want to wreck the club why not go and join the trust. Simple as

What an idiot.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 09:51:05 »

FanFuckingTastic
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 13:02:28 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Look at this comment:  :shock:

Posted by: Bob Newton, Swindon on 9:53am today

I think that the Swindon Advertiser should stick to publishing facts rather than making an entire story up on the basis of the dicussions on their forum. If you want to wreck the club why not go and join the trust. Simple as

What an idiot.

I think Mr Bob Newton from Swindon should go and demand his frontal lobotomy be reversed. If you happen to read this forum Sir, I'd like to also call you an idiot. I'm feeling kind today....

another cracking piece from the Adver IMO.
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 13:29:45 »

Is that Bob Newton or Bob Holt?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 20, 2007, 15:04:33 »

It's definitely Bob Newton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: