Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Im glad J1mmys back  (Read 9345 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:43:12 »

Shrivvy Road was great.  I used to go in the lower bit, at the back, near the half way line and everyone stood in roughly the same place every week and me and my mates made up names for all the 'characters' in there such as Woolfy, Snozzel, Benzee, Dum and Dee, Slap Head, Power Station and the Ski Hat Brigade who stood at the front.

T'was marvellous!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:47:13 »

I stood on "the right side" just by the away fans.  Quincy, Orville and a bloke we used to call Johnny Moncur used to be the main lads there.  Johnny Moncur used to be a Hearts fan, never did tell him I was a Hi-bee.  Those days were about 100 times better than nowadays.  People come on here going on about how good the town end was but compared to those days the CG's been like a library in recent years.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:53:08 »

Yes, I know I sound like an 'Old Git' but generally speaking, the Old Days were brilliant and these days going to Swindon is rubbish.  There's more atmosphere on the Moon, although that applies pretty much accross the board IMO, not just STFC.
Asher

« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:53:36 »

yeah I only started watching about 87/88 but god was it load back then......shame the new little chav brigade at teh front of town end is seriously doing my head in
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:53:46 »

can we ever get anywhere near those days again do you think?

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Asher

« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:55:59 »

We can if we all learn to chant and sing for 90 minutes instead of moaning etc about the team.  Im not kidding when I say teh next person who annoys me in teh town end will get a drop kick
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:57:46 »

i know what you mean!  All the moaning really pisses me off!

timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:06:27 »

I agree that atmosphere throughout the game has dropped. Not really sure why, though the all-seater stadia can't have helped... The cost of the game, in my opinion, has changed not only the people that go, but also their attitudes.

It's worse in the Premiership though. Except for the '1 Season Wonders' and games against the Big 3, the atmosphere is rubbish.

Also it doesn't help when Expected Performance is so much higher than Actual Performance...

never trust a nun...
Asher

« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:07:06 »

Hinestly ive been practising all day my drop kicking skills are amazing! and I just chipped my tooth at lunch so I actually look a thug
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:10:10 »

Talking of people you'd like to drop kick, don't forget to have your camera phones and digi cameras at the ready to take any pics of Mad Dad and any other freaks at the match on Saturday.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:15:30 »

Yes every one do this!  I am pretty sure i know who mad dad is but i could do with photographic evidence to comfirm it!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:19:47 »

Back to the atmoshere thing, like others have said it's a nationwide problem.  Not only has the all seater stadia, the different kinds of people coming through the turnstiles, ie more women and children, affected the atmosphere, I also think the fact that we only get around 200 away fans at the CG detracts from the noise created.  Back in the early 90's the away fans were great when they came down here.  Now we stuck with a couple of hundred away fans stuck in the opposite end of the ground to us.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:22:18 »

Yeah you are definately right about the away fans!  You only need two people singing a song to over-shadow the away fans!

Asher

« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:27:41 »

I blame the women too, you go to a game with a lass and they dont sing chant or anything, there highlight is singing along to 'is this teh road to merilo' at half time.  I say chuck teh women out men only - thats will sort it
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 13:29:08 »

Not a bad idea Asher  Soapy Tit Wank  I have taken many girls in the past and none of them have ever sang!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: