Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Im glad J1mmys back  (Read 9248 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 11:10:17 »

I see your point, and admit  to similar feelings, but the lose of your contribution even as a protest would probably just lead to a further downhill trend.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 11:21:29 »

This forum has been on a slippery slope ever since the pictures thread .I cant see what harm J1mmy can do  or how he will make it any worse.I can think of a few on here that wind me up more but I just generally skim past their posts.

Perhaps if Dazzza makes OST and Reg mods that may help?

Failing that I might start up a new forum www.thearkellsstand.com where all us old men can go and moan about stuff :old

/
W56196272
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 11:36:53 »

yeovil the link doesnt work Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 11:37:10 »

The pictures thread was OK, lads are going to get a bit excitable when the likes of  Marie post regularly.

There is a critical point though when what were previously acceptable standards descend into crass trash....Jimmy just seems to be the catalyst.

Can thearkellsstand have really big lettering?
McLovin

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 11:54:14 »

It's been really good on here at times. It's a shame there is no way of preventing the wheat and chaff combination which is prevailing once more.
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:01:57 »

I'm undecided about J1mmys return as yet. I'll bet good money he comes out with some nazi shit and gets himslf banned again before long anyway.

Whats the minimum age to join thearkelsstand?  Cheesy
Piemonte

« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:07:47 »

Looks like hes been banned now anyway. all his posts showing as "guest"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:08:03 »

shrivvieroad.com would be better.  We could all look back on happier days, standing by the away fans, when there was decent banter at the CG.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:08:35 »

His BNP bedtime story seems to have gone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:16:41 »

Quote from: "janaage"
shrivvieroad.com would be better.  We could all look back on happier days, standing by the away fans, when there was decent banter at the CG.

I'll only join shrivvieroad, if I can sit in the upper tier seats with a blanket over my knees.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:26:20 »

I always wanted to watch a game from up there.  Must have be a great view.  So close to the pitch, but with an elevated view.  I might start an on line petition, a la STFC Gazza, to convince Bob Holt to knock down the Nationwide and rebuild the Shrivvie Rd stand.
Asher

« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:30:18 »

I think jimmy is a legend
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:32:40 »

Yeah that would be great, i always wanted to go there!  I remember standing in Stratton Bank and thinking how great it would be to be in there!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:34:14 »

I had a mate who's parents had season tickets up there for years .....every so often they'd miss a game through holiday or something and we'd get the tickets.

It was like a world apart as the only way in was from the rickety stairs at the back, everybody seemed to know every body else, and took flasks and sweets to share etc as there was no access to kiosks.

The best bit was stamping your feet made a good noise and showered rust on them below.
Asher

« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 4, 2005, 12:41:29 »

I never went up there - im gutted!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: