Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England V Russia  (Read 7918 times)
Sharky

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 12:15:29 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
It will be hard to change that team now. Injuries aside, the only player I would consider bringing into the side would be Rooney. Not sure if I would play him or not yet though!

The only way I would put Rooney back in the team if Heskey and Owen are both still fit, is if Joe Cole gets injured, i'd play him out on the left as he does it a lot for United and there is not really anyone else for the left who could light up a game like J Cole or Rooney

Wouldn't change any of the back four to be honest....Micah has shown he is good enough to keep Neville out the team or at least push him right to the wire, Terry and Rio despite a couple of miscommunications yesterday again have a good record over the last few games (remember we have hardly conceded all qualifying - other than Croatia) and Ashley Cole is quite simply the best left back we have....he may have shown a couple of nervy moments, but we didn't conceed and no one else could do his job better when he gets forward.

Surprisingly I was very happy with Barry in the middle over the last two games so i'd have to say that similar to Phil Smith, it should be his place to lose, not Hargreaves/Lampard etc, to win.

Gerrard, we know what he can do if he is given the role he has been now so leave him be and he'll find his shooting boots next time around.

Wright-Phillips i'm not convinced is the best option on the right, he has moments of brilliance, but is it enough? Maybe a fit Lennon should be pushing him for the spot, but Beckham should be no more than a substitute that can change the style of play if its not working.

In fairness to Mclaren though, and I hate being fair to him cause I think he is a media puppet....he should not HAVE to stick to the same team even if they do win.  the difference between a a good manager and a GREAT manager is being able to pick the best team for each individual game/opposition and the tactics to go with it, the style we just played for the last two games wouldn't beat everyone so we shouldn't have to find that out the hard way by losin.  If he truly was a great manager then he'd pick the right team and tactics everytime! - unfortunately he has stumbled on this team, just as he will stumble into a different one with injuries and media pressure next time.

My optimism has grown with the recent great results don't get me wrong, but whilst Mac the Dong is still in charge it will always remain slightly curbed.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, September 13, 2007, 19:28:02 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
we'll qualify, but we'll still be the first to be knock outs.

happens all time.
WC06 and EC04 both times the first team to qualify, anihalated any team that came in out path, we were tiped to be one of the giant killers,, what happens, we get beat by the lies of costa rica, usa etc etc and never make it past group stages.

hopefully with leo calling the shots we shuold do ok.

Sorry Chubski, Ukraine beat you all by a month for the WC qualification, and we got to the Quarter finals. Tongue

I'm not going to talk about this qualifying campaign however...*fingers in ears* lalalalalala - Ican't hear you.

Cheers

Monkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, September 14, 2007, 14:38:27 »

heskeys appraisal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/6994766.stm

spot on. good man, emile.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, September 14, 2007, 14:41:35 »

I would have given him an 8 out of 10 at least.

Hes a nice chap.
red macca

« Reply #79 on: Friday, September 14, 2007, 18:35:27 »

I met heskey once he is a absolute gem of a bloke.When he left lpool for birmingham and then to wigan and also in that time get left out the england squads it would of been very easy for his head to drop so fair play to him for that.

Someone said the other day if confidence was money heskey would be skint but i think that may have changed now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, September 14, 2007, 18:54:07 »

how long before Big Sam tries to get him up at Newcastle....
Rich Pullen

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 18:47:04 »

Heskey has suffered a suspected broken metatarsal - that's an avoided headache for McClaren.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 18:49:17 »

Quote from: "Rich Pullen"
Heskey has suffered a suspected broken metatarsal - that's an avoided headache for McClaren.
agreed. Heskey or Rooney? hmm...

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: