Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM Post Match Coverage  (Read 2218 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 18:14:22 »

Well where the fuck was it??

I turned the radio on after the match and all i got was 15 crap 1980's songs played in a row.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 18:26:54 »

I am starting to wonder (especially after Ed Hadwin's posts this afternoon) whether BBC Swindon's reinstatement as match commentators is closer than we think.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 18:29:47 »

Sooner the better.

Brunel is shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 18:35:28 »

Do they sandwich the interviews, etc, between songs then? I assumed I never got back to the car in time for post match stuff as there was music on.

BBC still get to interview Sturrock at some point though so that's OK!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 18:39:21 »

There was nothing at all.

They threatened to interview Sturrock but i turned the radio off when i got to Burford because there was still 80's cheese playing.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 18:43:33 »

I switched it on and it was as if there hadn't even been a match on!! Switched onto BBC Swindon and they were talking about the match and interviewed Sturrock. Next week i'll be listening to the away commentry for the first time, it better be good otherwise i'll be watching SSN for updates.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 19:15:57 »

They kept saying we'll have a word with Sturrock in a moment then played another song and another and another. By the time I got in I stuck BBC Swindon and Sturrock was interviewed 5 mins later. Probably just as well as I can't get Brunel in my house  Shocked
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 19:21:49 »

Ive been their biggest supporter, but today I got in the car and they had teh highlights on, it was utter gash.  Get some commentators who are passionate at least

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 19:41:35 »

I walked from the county ground up to the jovial monkl listening to the radio on my phone all the way, not a sniff of post match analyse, comment or general football chat - nothing.  I then switched over to the bbc on the off chance and caught the closing moments of the Ed/Sturrock interview.

The commentary was crap today, the amount of times "Phil Smith overlapped Zaboub" or "Phil Smith Collects the ball for yeovil" "Mildenhall saves" (when it was Smith)  it was woeful today - in keepiung with the match I suppose.
West Country LaLaLa

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 19:49:00 »

It was funny - I stayed at home to watch the game today (bloody glad too!). Sky had quite a big build up to the game and were going on and on about the takeover. Jim Little got interviewed and basically said that the bbc radio had jumped him - indicating that he shouldn't have announced the stuff he did with them (takeover complete, plans to re-locate etc). Didn't come across as having much confidence in sturrock either, but thats another issue.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 20:00:00 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I walked from the county ground up to the jovial monkl .

I hope someone sponsored you
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 23:30:07 »

Seriously, today the commentary stunk. That was when it eventually worked (I finally managed to get it working 5 minutes into the 2nd half). Talk about monotone dullness and a total lack of passion. They couldn't even recognise the players on the team or pronounce Aljofree's name.

I left it on until 1830 waiting for Sturrock - absolutely no after match coverage whatsoever. Utter gash.

Brunel will be getting a snotty e-mail, along with Premium TV who fucked up again today.

I am definitely NOT renewing my subscription with Premium TV now.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 08:49:34 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "janaage"
I walked from the county ground up to the jovial monk.

I hope someone sponsored you

For the walk or going in the Jovial Monk, or listening to Brunel FM for 55 minutes?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 08:54:50 »

Lets threaten them with a boycott of all their advertisers unless they sort out the coverage.

To be honest I think its alright,or has been when ive listened but im up for a fight Tongue

/
W56196272
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 09:14:31 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Lets threaten them with a boycott of all their advertisers unless they sort out the coverage.

To be honest I think its alright,or has been when ive listened but im up for a fight Tongue

Ace  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: