Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scott Dobie  (Read 7143 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 14:58:35 »

should have signed Kenny Deucher, also McLean would have been good.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spud

« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 14:59:30 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
should have signed Kenny Deucher

Why? he didn't do much for Northampton last season.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:00:17 »

Quote from: "Foggy"
Quote from: "arriba"
the fact is there are players available.some known names others we've never heard of.sturrock has been looking for weeks and for some reason nobody has come in yet.
will those that slate bart continually be happy if we have no new forward by the end of today?

Well i wont be losing any sleep over it thats for sure. What is the point of panic buying and paying over the odds for a striker that hasnt exactly set the world on fire and no team in their right mind is going to release someone this early in the season.Strange things have happened,Last season Blair could do no wrong and was a welcome addition to the squad and 3 or 4 games in you would think that he was the anti christ! Get real people, this is Swindon Town not Real Madrid.

Agree to an extent Foggy but last year he was more of an impact sub who made a good impression more often that not.  This year he has been our main striker and has looked largely anonymous for the first 3 games but to be fair looked much better against Cheltenham.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:03:23 »

Quote from: "arriba"
the fact is there are players available.some known names others we've never heard of.sturrock has been looking for weeks and for some reason nobody has come in yet.
will those that slate bart continually be happy if we have no new forward by the end of today?
Yes I will, if the only players that Sturrock could have brought in are no better than what we have got. Id rather get someone in, but we dont want Sturrock to do what Gorman did towards transfer deadline in the premiere league by bringing in shite players like McAvennie, Sanchez a nd Kilcline to name but a few.

I don't think it will be too hard to sign better than what we have as we have a welsh non league player, an experienced foreigner whos never played in England, the managers son who has'nt played much throughout his career and an injury hit striker who we are all pinning our hopes on.  Personally I would settle for anything to make the squad stronger, sod this lets trust his judgement.  We need a striker now......... I'm not a patient man  Cheesy
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:03:25 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Sam Parkin didnt do much for Northampton.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spud

« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:05:15 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Sam Parkin didnt do much for Northampton.

If he was that good he wouldn't have gone to St. Johnstone on loan.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:05:53 »

I dont think that the intention was to ever use him as the first choice striker to be honest, The role has been forced upon PS by lack of funds, player availability and the board room shernanigans. If we do sign a forward i would imagine that Blair will return to the bench.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:17:17 »

I dont think that the intention was to ever use him as the first choice striker to be honest, The role has been forced upon PS by lack of funds, player availability and the board room shernanigans. If we do sign a forward i would imagine that Blair will return to the bench.

Yes it has been an enforced decision unfortunately.  My main worry is that Barry Corr gets injured again and we are left with a very thinbare attack.  We just need another body to add some strength to the squad and more competition in that area.  I think we should be using this great start as a spring board to push on now and I think another striker is pivotal in this.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:22:59 »

we've made a great start with a makeshift forward line.but we need to take it up a notch by getting in another forward.the rest of the team is looking spot on.
its not a case of panic buying either as targets would have been sought out weeks ago.
if brez had gone as planned then a deal would have been done by now,i'm sure of it
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:28:23 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

Yes it has been an enforced decision unfortunately.  My main worry is that Barry Corr gets injured again and we are left with a very thinbare attack. We just need another body to add some strength to the squad and more competition in that area.  I think we should be using this great start as a spring board to push on now and I think another striker is pivotal in this.

So you're going for quantity over quality?

Poor argument. Arrietta's hardly played, neither has Mohhammed.

We've got enough players to fill the spot, what we haven't got is the quality we want.

If Sturrock can't get someone he thinks will improve the squad, then he might as well get no one.

Anyone would think, with the comments on here, that buying a 20 goal a season striker is a piece of piss, what we need to remember is that we are a league 1 side and players won't be queuing up to come here. At least not the type of player we want.

It's All Good..............
glos_robin

« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:35:48 »

Is the deadline 5pm or midnight for this transfer window.......looking ominously like for once Bart will actually be correct.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:40:19 »

Quote from: "herthab"

Yes it has been an enforced decision unfortunately.  My main worry is that Barry Corr gets injured again and we are left with a very thinbare attack. We just need another body to add some strength to the squad and more competition in that area.  I think we should be using this great start as a spring board to push on now and I think another striker is pivotal in this.

So you're going for quantity over quality?

Poor argument. Arrietta's hardly played, neither has Mohhammed.

We've got enough players to fill the spot, what we haven't got is the quality we want.

If Sturrock can't get someone he thinks will improve the squad, then he might as well get no one.

Anyone would think, with the comments on here, that buying a 20 goal a season striker is a piece of piss, what we need to remember is that we are a league 1 side and players won't be queuing up to come here. At least not the type of player we want.

Not a poor argument at all I think if we can get someone in who has experience of scoring and playing regular in English football then he is already ahead of the current players we have.

If your trying to say that there is no striker out there who is available that Sturrock can get that would benefit the team then you must of been drinking.  Its either time for him to lower the standards on his targets or to let us all know that the board are putting restraints on him because its difficult to see any other explanation.

Adam Boyd still remains the big one that got away in the summer whilst we were twiddling our thumbs.  Buying a 20 goal a season striker is hard but buying a striker that will improve the team is alot easier.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:42:50 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Is the deadline 5pm or midnight for this transfer window.......looking ominously like for once Bart will actually be correct.

It's midnight but we had to have signed someone by midday to make them available for tomorrow so looking like no new faces for Crewe home game.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:46:18 »

We should listen to bart more we could all learn something :--
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, August 31, 2007, 15:46:34 »

It's midnight but we had to have signed someone by midday to make them available for tomorrow so looking like no new faces for Crewe home game.

Well given you posted that 4 and three quarter hours AFTER the deadline for player availability for tomorrow, its blindingly obvious  Soapy Tit Wank

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: