Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The late evening thread....  (Read 7123 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #75 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 00:52:26 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
I'm trying desperately hard to not drink tonight, but you bastards are challenging my resolve....

I say drink.
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 00:52:35 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Karlsruhe_Red"
I'm thinking more from an over-population angle.

Overpopulation in what way? The thing which keeps house prices buoyant?

Nothing to do with economics at all, more the risk of becoming one massive concrete island. Our population density is a lot higher than other european countries.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 00:54:00 »

I'm trying desperately hard to not drink tonight, but you bastards are challenging my resolve....

Make your own Moonshine, I've heard it's pretty ace.

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 00:56:12 »

Make your own Moonshine, I've heard it's pretty ace.

Fuck that, I'll just drive 40 miles to Kentucky and knick some  
flammableBen

« Reply #79 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 00:59:34 »

Is it not sometimes the case though, that immigrants from poorer countries sent a large percentage of their earnings back to their families outside the UK, subsequently harming the economy (fair play, I'd do the same). You can't base your entire argument on paying taxes, because in a free market economy this would cause rises in unemployment.

The sending money is pretty much irrelevant. It's such a little amount that it will have next to zero affect on the economy.

On the unemployment issue. Yes you'll be pissed off if some Polish dude can come along and do your job cheaper, but competition for work is a good thing, and you're forgetting all the more skilled people we thief. Especially in state run sectors. Teachers, Doctors, Nurses etc.

But if their right to be here doesn't come down to how much tax they put back in to the economy then what does it come down to?
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 00:59:41 »

If you do, get me some. Jeff Gordon's from somewhere like Kentucky I think, steal his car.

flammableBen

« Reply #81 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:02:13 »

I'm thinking more from an over-population angle.

Overpopulation in what way? The thing which keeps house prices buoyant?

Nothing to do with economics at all, more the risk of becoming one massive concrete island. Our population density is a lot higher than other european countries.

Yes, but most other European countries are barren wasteland, we've got enough room. And we need to make room if we don't

Anyhoo. Let's talk about getting pumbaa drunk. Drink some aftershave coxy.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:04:41 »

Fuck off Ben, alcohol's cheaper. Plus my aftershave makes me attractive to women (well, blind ones with a sense of smell anyway   )
flammableBen

« Reply #83 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:06:52 »

So you're gong to get some more alcohol so you can get over this drinking sleeping thing?
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:07:59 »

Think I'll have too  :|
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:09:05 »

Is it not sometimes the case though, that immigrants from poorer countries sent a large percentage of their earnings back to their families outside the UK, subsequently harming the economy (fair play, I'd do the same). You can't base your entire argument on paying taxes, because in a free market economy this would cause rises in unemployment.

The sending money is pretty much irrelevant. It's such a little amount that it will have next to zero affect on the economy.

On the unemployment issue. Yes you'll be pissed off if some Polish dude can come along and do your job cheaper, but competition for work is a good thing, and you're forgetting all the more skilled people we thief. Especially in state run sectors. Teachers, Doctors, Nurses etc.

But if their right to be here doesn't come down to how much tax they put back in to the economy then what does it come down to?

All forms of competition are a good thing, I don't think I said any different did I? I forgot mentioning all immigrants are bone heads who are only capable of doing manual labour too. The sending money is small amount at the moment, but with unlimited immigration it wouldn't be would it, if a large proportion of the population was doing it.

I haven't got a problem with any person paying taxes, whatever nationality/race/etc they may be. The problem would be the potential side-effects. In an ideal world people would be able to move freely where ever they wanted, but unfortunately it's not an ideal world, is it?

flammableBen

« Reply #86 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:12:19 »

All forms of competition are a good thing, I don't think I said any different did I? I forgot mentioning all immigrants are bone heads who are only capable of doing manual labour too. The sending money is small amount at the moment, but with unlimited immigration it wouldn't be would it, if a large proportion of the population was doing it.

I haven't got a problem with any person paying taxes, whatever nationality/race/etc they may be. The problem would be the potential side-effects. In an ideal world people would be able to move freely where ever they wanted, but unfortunately it's not an ideal world, is it?

Do you think these vague potential side effects out way the benefits from a fairly open immigrant policy from the new EU countries?
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:13:14 »

Yes, but most other European countries are barren wasteland, we've got enough room. And we need to make room if we don't

We've not really got enough room for an unlimited period of unlimited immigration. Not if you want any countryside left anyway.

flammableBen

« Reply #88 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:14:32 »

Think I'll have too  :|

good. do it.

How many hours behind proper time are you? 6? Is it only 8pm? I'd say get me some wine, but the logistics of instantly sending it are a nightmare.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 01:15:50 »

5. Its 2115.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: