Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The late evening thread....  (Read 7121 times)
flammableBen

« on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:14:24 »

Well? I started drinking early ok.

One of the more full time chefs has handed in her resignation in at work. I'm not sure that I want her job, I'm working just enough hours to have a balance of getting pissed most of the time with a few hours of working. Also I don't think my dad really wants me to do it either because he wants me to get a proper job.

However I'm the most obvious choice, mainly because I can do everything and have done when people are away.

I think some communication is required but I don't think I can be bothered with another "you need to get a proper job" speech. Tricky eh? Part of me would really like the job but the other part is stuck in the easy lifestyle I've become used to. I know it can't last forever though.

Anybody else got anything interesting going on?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:16:45 »

Send a cv with a covering letter through the post. That's got to be a winner.

I'm eating the last of my Ben & Jerry's. Might have to finish off the bottle of wine I opened t'other day after that.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:18:29 »

You sound like a girl who's just been dumped Mr Pie.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:21:01 »

Yes, I realised that after I typed it. I'll probably get on the scales tomorrow, find out I've put on 2 pounds and starve myself for the rest of the week.

All I want is a nice boy who will buy me flowers and chocolates from time to time. Oh and leave the toilet seat down and wash out the bath once he's done using it.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:21:13 »

Ben be careful with fathers, my old chap is talking of retiring and wants me to run his comapny, the difference is what he wants to pay me and what the jobs worth is a difference of about 3k a month.

Fathers arent stupid.  Combat teh talk by saying you wnat to learn from him etc etc and he will give you a pay rise

Si is a girl. FACT

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:24:43 »

I cant imagine opening a bottle of Wine and not  finishing it.

/
W56196272
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:26:01 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Ben be careful with fathers, my old chap is talking of retiring and wants me to run his comapny, the difference is what he wants to pay me and what the jobs worth is a difference of about 3k a month.

Fathers arent stupid.  Combat teh talk by saying you wnat to learn from him etc etc and he will give you a pay rise

Si is a girl. FACT

There is a bit of a difference. You're father owns some sort of ruthless business empire, and my dad owns a little tapas bar in old town.

I earn the same as the girl I'd be replacing if I got the job anyway so it wouldn't mean a pay rise, just more hours.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:26:55 »

Code:
Dear Daddy,

I am writing to apply for the job of more full-time chef at your tapas bar. I've shown I can do the job by filling in when people have been away and if things get too much I can always do some stock-taking in the store cupboard (I'm especially good at taking the alcohol stock).

I know you are a little disappointed that I wasted pretty much four years at university and haven't really looked for a 'proper' job yet, but I think this job will be ideal and will at least keep me off the dole.

I enclose my CV for your perusal and look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours sincerely,

flammableBen.

P.S. I'll even get a haircut if I have to.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:27:58 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I cant imagine opening a bottle of Wine and not  finishing it.

Neither could I up until a week ago, but I'm a responsible drinker now  Shocked
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:30:34 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Code:
Dear Daddy,

I am writing to apply for the job of more full-time chef at your tapas bar. I've shown I can do the job by filling in when people have been away and if things get too much I can always do some stock-taking in the store cupboard (I'm especially good at taking the alcohol stock).

I know you are a little disappointed that I wasted pretty much four years at university and haven't really looked for a 'proper' job yet, but I think this job will be ideal and will at least keep me off the dole.

I enclose my CV for your perusal and look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours sincerely,

flammableBen.

P.S. I'll even get a haircut if I have to.

Cheesy That's pretty brilliant. I'm tempted to email it to him.
sonic youth

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:39:08 »

i think the postscript is a deal-breaker, though.

i'm contemplating an early night ahead of my first day at work tomorrow. oooh, it's like going back to school after the summer holidays
flammableBen

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:45:33 »

What job have you sold out to Sonic?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:46:32 »

Shit that's a point, I'm workign in London tomorrow. I better find out where exactly I have to go
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:47:52 »

i am, officially at least, a freelance IT contractor. unofficially, or in reality, i'm doing tech support type stuff
TalkTalk

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 21:51:58 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i am, officially at least, a freelance IT contractor. unofficially, or in reality, i'm doing tech support type stuff

A life of sex, drugs and rock and roll awaits you.

Trust me on this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: