Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Luton Matchday Thread  (Read 22871 times)

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:09:19 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
It looked like one of the defenders just bundled into the back of Roberts.
Don't really know why the goal was disallowed. My only guess was that the keeper was impeded - sat in the Arkells so had a good view as well.

Blair's only contributions to the game were setting up the goal and a couple of good crosses, other than that he was wank and needs to be dropped.

maybe superman should play upfront, isolated for the most part just like blair did today? Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:10:41 »

Superman would have scored in front of an open goal
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:11:36 »

And it may seem like I'm being a little bit harsh, but without the rub of the green 2 minutes from time we'd not be talking about a win and plenty more would be moaning about the lack of fire power.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:17:58 »

rearrange this jumbled sentence

banjo arse couldn't cows blair hit with

really wanna like the boy and was desperate for him to score to get people off his back (which includes me), but he looks like he needs a rest  :?

the open goal he missed might have cost us 2 points. that would have put us 2-0 up and with our solid backline, couldn't have seen luton getting back into the game.

ending on a positive note, WE SCORED TWO, YES TWO, GOALS-I can't believe it!

and on another positive note, a couple of me mates are rewiring sturrocks house in old town so maybe he intends to stick around for a bit if he's bought a house here. either that or he's gonna be appearing on property ladder with sarah 'big baps' beeny  Soapy Tit Wank

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:18:16 »

we do need more options upfront for sure,but we created loads of chances today.luton are no mugs. their team shape was good, and its a credit to our side how we deservedly beat them.i reckon luton will be up there come the shake up and first half i thought had the better of the play despite creating no chances.
today was the first time i have seen us this term and i was overall well pleased.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:20:11 »

I was impessed with todays showing. Especially second half where i thought we actually looked pretty good going forward  :shock:  Their goal was good but came out of the clue to stop our momentum a little but i thought we deserved it really.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 18:31:42 »

Arrieta is my new favourite player  Cool.

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:06:38 »

Good result. Was surprised to hear we have scored two goals but I'm not complaining!!!

Decent size crowd too. Hopefully we can get a win at Cheltenham to get people flocking in - the more support the better!!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:21:07 »

Quote from: "herthab"
I thought overall we looked pretty good for much of the match against Charlton and we did create chances (It was only in the 2nd half they began to show us up)

Luton are no where near that quality, so I think we'll just edge it 2.1.

Fuck the rest of you, I know what I'm talking about!!

Two goals from open play!!

All the team performed, a few loose balls here and there, but fuck it!

The display today is what Luggys team are all about, pepper their area with crosses and get players in and around the box.

Well happy.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:24:15 »

I'm well chuffed we got ourselves 3 points against a team who could well be up there next season.

Yey us.
Spud

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:29:48 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
The tackle on roberts was class, 100% perfect tackle

Spot On!

Roberts knew what he was doing i.e going down way too easily and the defender knew he was getting the ball.

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:30:56 »

and pook showed he is good enough for league 1.he had a decent game,barring that stupid backheel on the edge of their box first half :evil:
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:42:37 »

Quote from: "jimbob"

and on another positive note, a couple of me mates are rewiring sturrocks house in old town so maybe he intends to stick around for a bit if he's bought a house here. either that or he's gonna be appearing on property ladder with sarah 'big baps' beeny  Soapy Tit Wank

fucks sake jimbob dont mess it up!!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:45:47 »

wat? wat did i say?  :shock:  Shocked  :?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 19:49:33 »

My predictions continue to be amazing, whatever I predict we get the reverse.  Cool

As for the team:

P Smith - Solid, looked comfortable. One dodgy punch/catch from a free-kick that nearly crept in.
J Smith - Consistent. Sometimes didn't know whether to close down his man or not.
Ifil - Just as you'd expect. Steady, some good tackles and extremely calm on the ball.
Aljofree - Immense. Like DV said, we've not had a better centre back since... I don't know when. Cultured footballer.
Vincent - Nothing to complain about, better than against Northampton.
Roberts - Amazing. Just like when he first signed, in his prime. Taking on fullbacks and making defenders look silly.
Easton - Very impressed, composed on the ball and very hard working. Everytime the ball got out wide he got into the box.
Pook - Had another good game, took him a while to get into it and kept loosing his footing but looked so much more assured in the second half. Nice range of passing.
Zaaboub - Better final ball. I wouldn't have given him MOTM but he definitely gave 110%.
Sturrock - Tries hard but just hasn't got it. Needs to be dropped.
Peacock - Worked hard but looks lost up front, I think he sees himself as a centre-mid now. Took his goal well, great header.

Subs:
Comminges - No lack of commitment. Played well.
Arrieta - Nice touches. Needs to be given a full 90 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: