Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's Official...............  (Read 6666 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:49:47 »

Why is that bad thing?

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:51:19 »

Lets see what they say first and how it all pans out. The Adver could be completely wrong!

Assuming they aren't:

If it is a 'relationship' whereby we get offered players on trial in addition to our own men, and the manager still gets the final say, then I don't see a problem as yet.

If it is an enforced influx of any johnny foreigner that can kick a ball being forced on us, I'll have to find something new to do an a Saturday.

As yet, lets wait and see.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 07:53:20 »

Thats unrealistic though isnt it,if they want to make money from bringing players over then those players have to be good enough to sell on in the long run .

/
W56196272
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:10:03 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Lets see what they say first and how it all pans out. The Adver could be completely wrong!

Assuming they aren't:

If it is a 'relationship' whereby we get offered players on trial in addition to our own men, and the manager still gets the final say, then I don't see a problem as yet.

If it is an enforced influx of any johnny foreigner that can kick a ball being forced on us, I'll have to find something new to do an a Saturday.

As yet, lets wait and see.

Exactly.

And to answer Yeovil Red's question, if we become a training facility for Portuguese players (and by extension, a means for making Portuguese football agents lots of money) I would simply lose interest.  STFC has to exist for its own sake, first and foremost.

I would no more want to support STFC as a 'feeder club' than I would want to support Manchester United reserves.  It would be a bit of a passion killer for me, I'm afraid.

Fingers crossed it won't come to that though.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:13:25 »

Sturrock has already said he looks to bring in younger players in the hope of teaching them a thing or two and selling them on for the benefit of the football club,how is this any different to whats being suggested?

/
W56196272
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:17:10 »

If we're taking a profit from it, I suppose that's different.  If the money was leaking elsewhere though...then the club we all love would be nothing more than a pawn in a someone's game.

At the risk of repeating myself...got to wait & see.  One day, these people will speak to us, I'm sure.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:17:21 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Sturrock has already said he looks to bring in younger players in the hope of teaching them a thing or two and selling them on for the benefit of the football club,how is this any different to whats being suggested?

I tend to agree. We are a feeder club in all but name, as are all lower league clubs. Crewe have been doing it very successfully for years and years and doesn't seem to have done them too much harm.
fatbury

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:20:35 »

as long as they are good players and we win matches ... thats what matters .. could be entertaining I reckon
TalkTalk

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:28:34 »

A lower league "feeder" club surely survives by investing in talent and selling it on.

A feeder club run by foreign businessmen is about making a return on their investment - that is why they are doing it.

BP and the FC was an opportunity to put that money back into the club for the benefit of the fans.

Shrug

Still, we shall have to wait and see what the setup is I guess.
red macca

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:31:05 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
A lower league "feeder" club surely survives by investing in talent and selling it on.

A feeder club run by foreign businessmen is about making a return on their investment - that is why they are doing it.

BP and the FC was an opportunity to put that money back into the club for the benefit of the fans.

Shrug

Still, we shall have to wait and see what the setup is I guess.
Do we know the actual investors are foreign then do we? Its ok saying Bp was the way forward which i agreed with but to be fair alan alot of people got fed up waiting to watch this space
TalkTalk

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:33:05 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Do we know the actual investors are foreign then do we? Its ok saying Bp was the way forward which i agreed with but to be fair alan alot of people got fed up waiting to watch this space

Well ok, perhaps they are not foreign but it's neither here or there really.
red macca

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:35:36 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

Well ok, perhaps they are not foreign but it's neither here or there really.
well it is either here or there dont you think? i would rather some people with a little knowledge of the game takeover rather than a few foreigners we know nothing about
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:43:49 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

I tend to agree. We are a feeder club in all but name, as are all lower league clubs. Crewe have been doing it very successfully for years and years and doesn't seem to have done them too much harm.

Yes
TalkTalk

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:44:26 »

well it is either here or there dont you think? i would rather some people with a little knowledge of the game takeover rather than a few foreigners we know nothing about

But it's unlikely that investors without any knowledge of football would put any money in anyway if their intention is to make a return. In fact the more knowledge of the football "business" they have then the better chance they have of succeeding. Foreign or not, it doesn't matter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:44:56 »

I don't think nationality has anything to do with knowing about the game or having the necessary skills to run the club. I think that was Alan's point too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: