Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan - Is it just me who...  (Read 3772 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:15:49 »

Anyone else think we are deliberatly playing Brez against Charlton in the hope he does well so it attracts attention from Championship clubs and a decent fee to bring in a striker?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:16:58 »

No Gaz it's just you.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:19:20 »

I think it's because we've got two good keepers and Brezovan needs a competitive run-out.

It's not as if the game is being televised.
sonic youth

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:20:26 »

i think it's because sturrock has never seen brezovan in competitive action and the charlton game provides him with the perfect opportunity to see him under pressure against a good side, thus allowing him to draw more conclusive comparisons between his two goalkeepers.

but that might just be me
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:20:27 »

Sturrock did say about us being a selling club....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:22:11 »

Playing a different keeper in the Carling Cup is hardly a new idea Gary, not even for STFC!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:23:25 »

That said, if any club was to offer anything approaching half decent money for Brezovan, we would sell him like a shot!

But that's obvious really.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:35:36 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Playing a different keeper in the Carling Cup is hardly a new idea Gary, not even for STFC!

Oh I know that. I mean Smith played against Brentford last season and didnt show up again until the JPT I don't thnk! Probably reading too much into it really. Teams were interested in Brezovan last season and Sturrock deliberatly said Brezovan was playing when a manager and specifically Sturrock does not announce his team before. maybe he deliberatly told the media in the hope scouts of clubs who wanted him prior to his injury come out to see if he has recovered and t make a bid. Probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:45:53 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i think it's because sturrock has never seen brezovan in competitive action and the charlton game provides him with the perfect opportunity to see him under pressure against a good side, thus allowing him to draw more conclusive comparisons between his two goalkeepers.

but that might just be me

:goodpost:  Yes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 17:53:39 »

I think he's just resting Phil Smith because

HE'S FUCKING AWESOME

Seriously, at this moment in time we are more likely to end up flogging Phil Smith rather than Peter Brezovan
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 19:00:53 »

Agree love Brez, but PS is superb, cant believe he was non league until last year

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 19:02:58 »

one of them will go during this season.
my moneys on brez.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 19:05:04 »

Yep, no club in this league would be able to hold onto two keepers of that calibre.

And to be fair, I think most would be looking to cash in sooner rather than later.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 19:10:30 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Yep, no club in this league would be able to hold onto two keepers of that calibre.

And to be fair, I think most would be looking to cash in sooner rather than later.

I agree, I think Brez will go. I just think that Sturrock may have been inviting scouts down by saying he was playing. I am probably wrong but.... I dont think Sturrock ever gives away his teams... and he know steams were interested in him, Seems to me he was inviting scouts to see how he has recovered from his injury and to make a bid if he does well. Probably read it wrong though.
sonic youth

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 12, 2007, 20:13:36 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
Agree love Brez, but PS is superb, cant believe he was non league until last year

i think the taste of non-league football and the possibility of facing unemployment has given that man an insatiable desire for success and he knows he owes town a lot for giving him another chance.

fantastic example to young professionals.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: