Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can anyone help me.....  (Read 1894 times)
Richard4acre

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 17:33:28 »

No chance am I reading through 18 odd pages of match day reaction in the mtchday thread so can people answer these few questions for me?

Steve Adams wtf!?! - Where was the born again Steve Robinson in the form of Craig Easton? He seemed the most exciting signing we made but some unfit bloke who didnt want to touch the ball today in the form of Steve Adams starts?

Arrieta? - Leave our in form goalscorer on the bench for the managers son. For christ's sake this isnt daddy running the sunday league team for the U12's is it! Blair just doesn't look any good to me and if your going to play someone along side GOD (sorry I ment Peacock) its someone who can find the back of the net. There's a distinct diffrence in net finding form between those two. Sturrock sort it out!

Also some points....

Pook - Couldnt get a contract signed now he waltz's straight into the starting 11, geez desperate times hey.

Dodgey woodwork - Roberts actaully sees one of his long range efforts go goalbound only for a freak magnetic force to prevent the ball going goalward. Alot of woodwork being hit today i thought. [insert sexual innuendo here].

Jamie Vincent - Evidnetly not a left midfield, cant tun, overlap or cross and has a distinct lack of being able to keep tight to the right mid your marking. They're only northampton afterall.

Positively Hasney and the beast sounded as though they look solid, as much as I like Williams style of play i worry he hasnt the legs for this division. Only one JErel Ifil fuck up I heard which he recoverred well from.

The roberts vs smith penalty taker row continues....

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
Hmonkey

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 17:55:15 »

I thought Pook had a reasonable game. He certainly didn't do any worse than Adams.

Roberts and Zaaboub did better jobs tracking back today which is an improvement on last season. Comminges also did well when he came on.

For me Sturrock was our worst player. He puts in a lot of effort and makes some clever runs but when he is actually in front of goal he looks completely clueless.

For me our MOM had to be Phil Smith for the 2 cracking saves he made in the second half.
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 17:57:16 »

Sturrock should not start full stop.
lebowski

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:05:57 »

ifil MOM. again.
Hmonkey

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:09:14 »

I was expecting to see him as our 4th or 5th choice striker this season.

If he is still in the starting 11 in 5 or 6 games time then we are going to struggle this season. He simply isn't the 20+ goals a season striker we desperately need.
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:16:08 »

there's nothing quite like sweeping statements made by someone who wasn't even at the game.
Hmonkey

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:17:05 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
there's nothing quite like sweeping statements made by someone who wasn't even at the game.

who wasn't at the game?
lebowski

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:17:46 »

is hmonkey basing his views on radio commentary then?

straight red, right there.
sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:18:18 »

well, i don't have a list to hand of those not in attendance / who sent their apologies.

but richard4acre wasn't. unless he's blind.
Hmonkey

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:18:33 »

no i was at the game
lebowski

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:20:52 »

oh i see.

apologies to hmonkey, case of mistaken identity - straight red rescinded.
Hmonkey

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:21:36 »

no problem  Cheesy
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:31:01 »

well, i don't have a list to hand of those not in attendance / who sent their apologies.

Nope i wasnt, but stats dont lie for themselves, arrieta is our most in form striker, hands up who thought pook would still be here this season after recent events, from what i saw of the minge in recent weeks he's a broght sparkl, something we've been lacking recently. On a good couple of occasions I hear the commentator scream "Vincent you gotta get tighter" and "vonvents left x in so much space there" only for am oppertunity to occur straight after.

I've seen both easton and adams play previously and in my eyes Easton is an exciting player who I would have thought earnt a start. Sturrock despite working hard is crap, and no one give me the bollocks about peacock only working hard, he has a level of class too!

Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:31:55 »

Quote from: Richard4acre

Nope i wasnt, but stats dont lie for themselves, arrieta is our most in form striker, hands up who thought pook would still be here this season after recent events, from what i saw of the minge in recent weeks he's a broght sparkl, something we've been lacking recently. On a good couple of occasions I hear the commentator scream "Vincent you gotta get tighter" and "vonvents left x in so much space there" only for am oppertunity to occur straight after.

I've seen both easton and adams play previously and in my eyes Easton is an exciting player who I would have thought earnt a start. Sturrock despite working hard is crap, and no one give me the bollocks about peacock only working hard, he has a level of class too![/qBTW I only knew I had the day off today so limits the possibly of aquiring tickets doesnt it.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 11, 2007, 18:38:36 »

we got a draw away on the first day of the season.
i'm quite happy with that.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: