Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Current Board to remain, CVA Paid Within A week?  (Read 4481 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:05:02 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
I'm not saying about being happy with the current board I am saying being happy with new investment etc, I'm talking in the pre-tense that something DOES happen in the next couple of days. People still will not be happy although if the current board are still involved then I guess that is understandable? How about Bill P try and work with the new investors?  Cheesy

Yes it is. You say that BP will try and work with the investors but it sound very much like SSW and MD will still be around and i have to say that will be very unlikely if this is the case. Don't hold your breath on a deal being sorted by tomorrow either Gaz. We have heard it all before.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:06:38 »

Quote from: "pauld"
How about Bill P try and work with the new investors?  Cheesy

Gosh, we'd never thought of that and Bill and Phil have made absolutely no effort to get in contact with the new investors over the past several months, to be as usual completely stonewalled. If only we'd thought of that.  :roll:

Very funny, I didn't know that they had tried to make contact. I know eveyone has tried to find out what the hell is going on.

Ok in that sense then. To be happy with the new investors etc then, what would make fans happy? Obviously Who they are, money, stadium, CVA etc... but what would make people believe they are here to do good?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:08:42 »

But Gaz...........we dont know what level of investment it is, nor the conditions surrounding it.

We dont know who the investors are

We dont know what their intentions are

We dont know what the redevelopment plans are for continued financial stability through non football revenues

We dont know what the board will be

We dont know what influence the investors will have over the playing side of the club.

That's an awaful lot of fucking "dont know's" to find out before I can say Im happy mate
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:10:46 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
But Gaz...........we dont know what level of investment it is, nor the conditions surrounding it.

We dont know who the investors are

We dont know what their intentions are

We dont know what the redevelopment plans are for continued financial stability through non football revenues

We dont know what the board will be

We dont know what influence the investors will have over the playing side of the club.

That's an awaful lot of fucking "dont know's" to find out before I can say Im happy mate

Well that answers my question! I just want everything to be sorted like all of us. Monday night was what football was all about, if only every game was like that again!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:12:17 »

regardless what happens people will complain, Swindon Town fans are NEVER happy.

Come on Barbie*....Let's go party

We've got the prospect of Diamond Mike and Bowden being in charge of J17  and some shady Portugeezers being in charge of the playing side.

Happy fucking days.

* thats's Klaus Barbie
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:16:00 »

I'm not saying about being happy with the current board I am saying being happy with new investment etc, I'm talking in the pre-tense that something DOES happen in the next couple of days. People still will not be happy although if the current board are still involved then I guess that is understandable? How about Bill P try and work with the new investors?  Cheesy

Good grief!  Come on, Gary...think about it.  People are not happy because we're being kept in the dark.  By the time we hear of this takeover/investment/agent agreement (take your pick, we don't know either) it will be a fait accompli.

How can you be 'happy' with something you don't know the details of?  Unless your horizons are so limited that you can't see past the result of the game on Saturday, how can you be so sure that this deal will not send us down the wrong path?

This deal may well turn out to be good for the club - but I have my doubts.  (If the deal is such great news, why the media block out from the board and the 'new investor'?  If it's going to be warmly welcomed by the fans, wouldn't you want to let them know about it?)

We're just going to have to wait and see.  Everyone should consider their own position when the facts are known, and not before.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 10:43:37 »

I think what my post was trying to say is that some people will (justifiably?) moan until factual evidence exists of the nature of this investment. Given what happened with Bill Power's investment that could take a very long time.

I think I'll probably have a moan if the deal is muddy. If it looks good on paper then fir enough I probably won't whinge too much, but until the facts are substantiated to a level there will always be a part of me that won't be quite happy with the deal, mainly because keeping the facts from us is the current board's game and I would like that changed.

I'm not going to moan about the investors themselves at this stage, simply because it's the board that have been playing the games in the media.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 11:01:57 »

IMHO It would be a good deal if it ticked the following boxes:
Current board, to go & the General Manager too.
Cut ALL ties with Dunwoody. (Not announcements to that effect, but actions that are totally different)
As soon as possible, get wider STFC coverage on the local radio (GWR or BBC)
Linda Birrell to be offered her job back.
New regime to be transparent open & honest with fans, local residents, council, media etc
Fans consultation (MEANINGFUL) at the VERY least, but preferably a representative on the board.
CVA Paid in full plus other debts including Bill P.
A WORKABLE stadium redevlopment IN Swindon.
The means to progress the club both financially & on the pitch.

I don't believe that the new investors would tick many of the above at all, but would be happy to wear sackcloth & ashes if I am proved wrong.

From the Dark Side
land_of_bo

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 12:01:51 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Cut ALL ties with Dunwoody. (Not announcements to that effect, but actions that are totally different)
New regime to be transparent open & honest with fans, local residents, council, media etc
Fans consultation (MEANINGFUL) at the VERY least, but preferably a representative on the board.

I don't believe that the new investors would tick many of the above at all, but would be happy to wear sackcloth & ashes if I am proved wrong.

That's a whole lotta wishful thinking there my friend.

PS - how exactly would one wear ashes? Surely they'd get blown away?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 12:30:45 »

So basically, we're going to have Spanish  / Portuguese players playing for STFC by J17 with the ground / land will owned Kassam style by Diamond Mike et all.
Seems to me the future is more bollox than you can shake a stick at.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 13:02:24 »

Yeah, it would be great to have fan representation on the board, but how many of the 92 league clubs have such a set up?

If the investment pays of the debt we currently have, we'll be in a better position than we currently are. FACT.

I too would like all the things on phil s' wish list to hapen, but, as a mere supporter, not someone pumping millions into the club, I'll have to let them run the club as they see fit. If it's not the way I want I could wear orange, protest, or send a nasty email or two, but that's about it.

The first thing that needs to be done is the clearing of debt.

It's All Good..............
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 13:09:08 »

Agreed Hertha. To be honest if half of Phil S list gets achieved I would be pretty happy on the basis thats its a whole lot fucking better than what we have have now and have had for the last 5 years. Not perfect, but an improvement.

You have to take the positives from these things because all the moaning in the world is not going to change it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 13:21:02 »

Ooooh Gary is back to reasure me everything will be rosy, he does have his ear to the boardroom you know.

If this board told us everything would be ok we have money coming Gary would be totally happy and will probaby have to run to the loo's to do something about it.

Wake up Gary - smell the coffee, stop being the boards lapdog and let them do their own dirty work
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 13:22:50 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Ooooh Gary is back to reasure me everything will be rosy, he does have his ear to the boardroom you know.

If this board told us everything would be ok we have money coming Gary would be totally happy and will probaby have to run to the loo's to do something about it.

Wake up Gary - smell the coffee, stop being the boards lapdog and let them do their own dirty work

Yeah!

And you can continue to be pessimistic, negative and cynical Cheesy

Each to his own....................

It's All Good..............
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 13:32:51 »

Quote from: "land_of_bo"
Quote from: "Phil_S"

That's a whole lotta wishful thinking there my friend.

PS - how exactly would one wear ashes? Surely they'd get blown away?

Wishful thinking ? Well yes as it stands now, yes. We'd be lucky to get one of the above from the proposed new takeover/ investment.  That's the CVA paid, & THE OTHER DEBTS WOULD BE A BONUS. The point is I believe that the fans consortium ticked ALL of the boxes.
And to be honest that is why I am so anti. I don't think any other senario would give us so much.

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: