Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What an amazing offer!!! (not)  (Read 1537 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 16:34:10 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Programme/0,,10341~1032998,00.html

So for £88 you get 23 home league matches programmes saving you, erm nothing.  In fact you have to pay £19 extra.  What a fucking crap offer.

Ok so if you order before 31 Aug you get the cup matches free, (which as of today means the Charlton programme), but still it's not exactly an "offer" is it?  Well not one that you'd find hard to refuse.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 16:35:19 »

Woohoo, got mine ordered.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 16:40:46 »

well, its August now - so they need to pay the staff for July.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 16:41:47 »

It was Sandy's idea.  She figured that if they get 63,158 people to take up the 'offer', they'll be able to pay off Bill P.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 16:51:42 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
It was Sandy's idea.  She figured that if they get 63,158 people to take up the 'offer', they'll be able to pay off Bill P.

no worries then

I come from a land down-under
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 17:11:28 »

Quote from: "janaage"
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Programme/0,,10341~1032998,00.html

So for £88 you get 23 home league matches programmes saving you, erm nothing.  In fact you have to pay £19 extra.  What a fucking crap offer.

Ok so if you order before 31 Aug you get the cup matches free, (which as of today means the Charlton programme), but still it's not exactly an "offer" is it?  Well not one that you'd find hard to refuse.

Thats full on retarted, Your better off swinging round the ground for the program even if u cant go to the match/
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 17:16:43 »

Cant swing by if you live in Surrey! For me it's not a bad deal
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 17:25:45 »

guess extra cost is for postage. If you collect programmes I guess it saves the hassle etc of carting it around all day. Admittedly I dont buy programmes I just flick through someone elses.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 19:03:24 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
guess extra cost is for postage. If you collect programmes I guess it saves the hassle etc of carting it around all day. Admittedly I dont buy programmes I just flick through someone elses.

still a retarted price.

how much is 442? 3/4 quid? say 3.

Over a year that 36quid.

12month subscription = 31 quid.

Thats the way it should be. i dont think STFC have quite got the hand of marketing.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 19:06:25 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"

Thats the way it should be. i dont think STFC have quite got the hand of marketing.

I was absolutely amazed that there was only Sarah from the Marketing dept there on Monday night

What a great way to drum up some decent PR

They were all at FGR learning how to market a Conference club ready for when we get demoted the obligatory 2 leagues
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 19:23:26 »

I’ve got to admit I was looking for something similar about 8 years back after the then publisher and club suddenly stopped the subscription service.  Now that most of the content is on STFC world and the cash going straight to Newbry it doesn’t justify the cost.

The philosophy behind charging more for a subscription though is madness what publication in their right mind would charge more for a commitment to purchase x number of prints?  Probably explains the demise of the Sportsman if anything but most publications offer an incentive to commit to a subscription.  Not charge more.

wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 9, 2007, 09:52:39 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
I’ve got to admit I was looking for something similar about 8 years back after the then publisher and club suddenly stopped the subscription service.  Now that most of the content is on STFC world and the cash going straight to Newbry it doesn’t justify the cost.

The philosophy behind charging more for a subscription though is madness what publication in their right mind would charge more for a commitment to purchase x number of prints?  Probably explains the demise of the Sportsman if anything but most publications offer an incentive to commit to a subscription.  Not charge more.

Yeah, but we're all stupid, so obviously we'll all sign up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: