Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Biggest under-achiever this season?  (Read 4397 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 12:35:47 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Marie,  I cant believe you just said Heywood has more composure on the ball than Ifill.

Heywood's not exactly Rio Ferdinand himself but Ifill is the least composed proffesional footballer with the ball at his feet that I've ever seen. When he goes past people its only because of his pace and power.

I'd go as far as saying that the bloke is utterly devoid of any technical skill whatsoever.
exactly Pie i agree
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:30:32 »

I think Heywood and Ifil both have their dodgy moments on the ball. I certainly get very worried when Heywood has the ball at his feet with a striker closing in on him....under pressure he is terrible....At least Ifil has the power and pace to go past someone if need be.

Ifil been good for parts of the season. I wouldnt say he has under achieved, just been inconsistant like our whole fucking team. Notice how Ifil was good at the start of the season, playing well with SeanO then King fucked it all up by moving everyone around to fit Heywood in.

I think Igoe has been terrible this season, his first two home games for us (Sheff Wed and Notts C) he was brilliant and offered us so much, even when he was playing out of position last season on the right he was still playing well. You go back and watch the Brighton second leg and Igoe is everywhere. This season he has been awful on the right, awful in the middle, awful in the hole....yet has featured in most games. I expected much better, I have seen him deliver much better....

Howard, another one....has the talent to be a good forward going player no question....but got far to far up his own arsehole....

Migz has under achieved purely because hes been injured, not his fault but we've missed his class no end this season
Nils

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:46:19 »

It is a tough call, Ifil is by far the best tackler in the team but Heywood had more of an arial prescence and none of the back 4 in our team can really pick out an amazing pass. One thing that Ifil does have over Heywood is pace!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:46:22 »

I'd say Evans because he looks a shadow of the player he was for us last season, he's pretty much gone backwards instead of improving - his kicking is worse, his confidence is low, his shot-stopping ability is poor, he's making constant errors, he doesn't even come for crosses anymore.

Considering the form he was in last season compared to this, it's got to be Evans for me.

As for Heywood, I think he's been superb since he's come back to full fitness and has been our best defender the past few months. If he's been playing with an injury for the past couple of seasons - as has been reported - and is now fully recovered then he can only get better I think. No, he's not comfortable on the ball at all but you don't really get defenders at this level who are.

Other nominations would be Fallon, but he's simply not good enough, Howard's attitude is constantly getting worse and in all honesty, very few of our players has improved this season whatsoever.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:49:32 »

I just wish that Heywood and Ifil would get into the "if in doubt boot it out mentality".  I hate to see defenders getting robbed of the ball.  Knock it out and re group.  My Underachiever of the year goes to Jerel Ifil.
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:57:06 »

Ifil because we paid 70,000 for his services has to be up there. You can't really blame Fallon for being messed about by King, ditto Nicho.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 13:59:48 »

I think King's the one being messed about by Fallon.  He hasn't looked interested all season.  You've got a point about Nicho.
Piemonte

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 14:01:08 »

I can blame Fallon alright. He had his chance at the start of the season and totally blew it.  

King might have messed him around a bit but its pretty much deserved for playing crap as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not mentioning Nicholas. Bigstan, Santini and the rest of the Nicho mafia will be after me :|
Marie

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 15:54:06 »

Marie,  I cant believe you just said Heywood has more composure on the ball than Ifill.

Heywood's not exactly Rio Ferdinand himself but Ifill is the least composed proffesional footballer with the ball at his feet that I've ever seen. When he goes past people its only because of his pace and power.

I'd go as far as saying that the bloke is utterly devoid of any technical skill whatsoever.

I dont think thats true at all. You look at what happens when hes under pressure, he'l turn the player and get the ball down the pitch. Heywood would either put the ball on rhys's wrong foot or increase more pressure on our already leaky defence.
I dont know, as i said im biased because i dont rate him at all...but my opinion.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 17:32:16 »

I'm not mentioning Nicholas. Bigstan, Santini and the rest of the Nicho mafia will be after me :|

Very wise - better safe than sorry Cheesy

Respect the omerta Wink
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 17:39:42 »

Has to be Nicholas
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 18:58:54 »

Quote from: "Marie"

I dont think thats true at all. You look at what happens when hes under pressure, he'l turn the player and get the ball down the pitch. Heywood would either put the ball on rhys's wrong foot or increase more pressure on our already leaky defence.
I dont know, as i said im biased because i dont rate him at all...but my opinion.

Heywood is one of my players of the season. I think you hate him cos he looks like shrek.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 20:54:44 »

I like fallon he is good. Maybe I am silly :?:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 21:29:06 »

maybe you are....
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 21:38:55 »

There's really no need for hostility towards new members Johno. You're right tough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: