Poll
Question: most improved player  (Voting closed: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:40:33)
Sam parkin - 3 (11.5%)
David duke - 1 (3.8%)
Grant smith - 22 (84.6%)
Rhys evans - 0 (0%)
Matt heywood - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Most improved player of this season?  (Read 3243 times)
Sade

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:40:33 »

What do you think then?
I think duke.I know he had a poor game friday, but apart from that I think he has done so well. He went through that bad patch earlier in the season and did'nt play too well.The fans got on his back too and booed him at a few games.Then he seemed to bounce back and had some pretty good performances.Not just duke though, other players have improved.

RED ARMY
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:42:55 »

Duke is crap  

Either Smith or Parkin.

But i vote Parkin cos he has worked very hard.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:44:21 »

grant smith by a country mile.

duke always gets it, because everyone thinks he is completely awful when really he just isnt very good so anything more than a terrible performance is seen as an improvement.

i think he's had one of his worst season in the past 3 or 4, he's continually making mistakes

officially blacker than the night.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:46:43 »

How do we know that Grant Smith is most improved? He may have been this good last year but never got the chance to show it.

/
W56196272
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:48:13 »

I think Lloyd Opara  
kaufman

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:56:13 »

up until a few weeks ago i would have said duke! ill admit im usually the last one to have a go at him but a new left back next year is a must maybe even top priority in my opinion!
nicho is never going to get a chance so we might aswell bring someone in!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:56:14 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
How do we know that Grant Smith is most improved? He may have been this good last year but never got the chance to show it.

Your logic is impeccable, but just about all our players have gone backwards this season......overall SO'H had been maintaining a very consistent level for a length of time, until he took a dip inform recently, but has to be a contender otherwise Smith has to be favourite as SSP will clean up PotY awards.
kaufman

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 18:57:23 »

up until a few weeks ago i would have said duke! ill admit im usually the last one to have a go at him but a new left back next year is a must maybe even top priority in my opinion!
nicho is never going to get a chance so we might aswell bring someone in!
smith is my choice!
player of the year goes to parkin
young player of the year lee holmes and we should get him back on the last game of the season if he is not involved with derby so he can pick up his award!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 19:31:32 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

just push off will you.
grant smith was a reet fat knob last year

officially blacker than the night.
DMR

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 20:22:23 »

Heywood's improving but not back to his full best. I think it's got to be Smith whose improved during his run in the side, regardless of what he was like beforehand.
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 00:50:53 »

Got to agree with the Russeller has to be Smith.  Heywood is looking better but a lot of that may be down to being made to play on an injury while SP seems to be maturing into a Scorchio.

Asher

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 08:24:15 »

Yeah defo smith for me and please please please dont give the young player to gerrard he wasnt and isnt that good! In fact id rather it went to a ball boy who has given more to the cause this year
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 08:26:47 »

Yeah give it to one of the MMMbop Hanson Ball Boys who sit in front of TE.  Most improved Smith, we've looked a lot better since he's been playing recently.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 08:29:09 »

I think it has to be Smith, noone else at all springs to mind!  Yeovil Red does have a good point but i must say that whenever i saw Smith last season i thought he was shit and i can happily say he is beginning to prove me wrong.   Of course that is a result of a number of factors including playing regularly and playing in a better position!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 08:29:11 »

Yep, most improved has to be my best mate and favorite player Grant Smith.

I would have said Duke a month ago, but it seems he didnt improve, he was just in good form
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: