Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bayo "I'm no gamble"  (Read 2905 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:28:47 »

Has anyone seen this on the back page of the Adver today? It's not up on the site but it's an interview with Bayo about why his move here fell through. He reckons the fitness reason was false and that he wasn't signed because there was "too much going on at the club with the new consortium" And that things at the club were a "little bit funny" . Interesting.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:32:21 »

He's making excuses.

Didn't stop us from signing Easton, Aljofree and Blackburn, did it?

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 09:34:38 »

Quote from: "herthab"
He's making excuses.

Didn't stop us from signing Easton, Aljofree and Blackburn, did it?

No true. But he does mention the takeover. I just found it a bit strange that's all. I mean why say things were a bit funny at the club? But the medicals don't lie and that probably was the reason he went. And of course he would say that he will be fit for August
Rich Pullen

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:14:58 »

I firmly believe that Akinfenwa is using the consortium as an excuse. He's out 'til November and probably worried that no club will offer him a trial so it's understandable that he's trying to hide his injury behind the consortium.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:21:30 »

Does seem strange though that some reports said he would be back by early September then out of the blue it was stated November would be his comeback month.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:24:04 »

I think I'll choose against any conspiracy-esque story on Bayo - I will suggest that the injury recovery period was prolonged after learning the results from the 2nd medical.

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 10:46:42 »

I'd imagine 'Bayo has to say that in order to try and get an employer for this season.

Then again I wouldn't be totally surprised if we were under embargo because of the CVA or something. 'Bayo, Pook, Goalie coach, etc. etc. It was odd how the results of the medical took so long to appear.
Roddy_Radiation

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 11:24:22 »

I'm sure that we need permission from the league to sign players because of the CVA. I did read that Leeds were able to have up to 20 players signed up before they required permission from the League so I would expect that we have a similar rule. Looking at the list of players on the official site there are 17 listed but Allen is not on there and nor is Rigley who I think was given a pro contract up to Christmas. We also still have Ricky Shakes on the books so that would make 20. With the current uncertainty over the CVA payments it may be that they are struggling to get permission for anymore signings hence the Pook situation.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 11:54:35 »

Personally I can'r help but feel not signing Akinfenwa will come back and bite us on the arse sometime during the upcoming season.

Having said that if the medical report did suggest a November comeback date we couldn't have signed him, it'll been too much of a risk.

What does puzzle me is - Pook situation seems to be delayed by the "takeover" yet the adver suggests that Adams will be offered a contract - how's that then?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 11:56:09 »

Perhaps Pook wants more money? Takeover happens we can afford him, doesn't happen we can't?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 13:32:27 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Perhaps Pook wants more money? Takeover happens we can afford him, doesn't happen we can't?
If Pook wants more money then we shouldnt sign him. He doesnt deserve it.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 13:59:32 »

spot on there Si
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 14:18:57 »

The_Plagiarist "yes you fucking are son"
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 15:04:29 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

spot on there Si

Sturrock 19th July 2007

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/headlines/display.var.1555750.0.town_still_waiting_on_pook.php

"We are in the middle of negotiations at this minute in time and he has asked for a couple of things. We are just clarifying it with the people above."

To me that stinks of more money

I wonder what his club captain thinks of that ?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 21, 2007, 15:13:50 »

That's a disgrace if that is the case. He wasn't even in the first team that much last season really. On and off but i doubt he made more than 30 appearances. And yet he wants more
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: