Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Breaking News - Akinfenwa Deal Off  (Read 2809 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:10:47 »

From the Adver Website

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.1545113.0.akinfenwa_deal_is_off.php

TOWN'S move to bring in striker Adebayo Akinfenwa has collapsed after the club were left unconvinced by the results of the former Swansea frontman's second medical.

Akinfenwa put pen to paper on a one-year deal last week, subject to a medical on his broken leg, but Town had already revealed their concerns on the time frame' of his recovery.

The player, 25, underwent a series of rigorous medical tests after breaking his leg in February, with the results showing signs for concern.

And boss Paul Sturrock today confirmed to the Swindon Advertiser that the deal was off.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:13:29 »

Quote from: "pumbaa"
From the Adver Website

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.1545113.0.akinfenwa_deal_is_off.php

TOWN'S move to bring in striker Adebayo Akinfenwa has collapsed after the club were left unconvinced by the results of the former Swansea frontman's second medical.

Akinfenwa put pen to paper on a one-year deal last week, subject to a medical on his broken leg, but Town had already revealed their concerns on the time frame' of his recovery.

The player, 25, underwent a series of rigorous medical tests after breaking his leg in February, with the results showing signs for concern.

And boss Paul Sturrock today confirmed to the Swindon Advertiser that the deal was off.
Well i hope sturrock has got someone lined up now after all that time wasted.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:15:19 »

Not the end of the world.  I'm sure we can get a decent striker in plenty of time.  Least we found out now rather than later!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:17:19 »

looked a fat fucker anyway.nevermind
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:24:32 »

gutted .. reckoned him .. now we will end up with nobody i bet ...
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:26:29 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

eh?

I'll bet you we end up with somebody. Deal?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:28:04 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

Soapy Tit Wank your joking right? no one else? it's ok we only have 2 strikers. i'm sure luggy won't get anymore.... :roll:  Soapy Tit Wank
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:32:16 »

Agreee Rich, as strikers we only have a pool of Roberts, Peacock and Sturrock as recognised first teamers currently fit.  And two of them aren't strikers any more!

He'll get someone.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:33:44 »

FUCKING HELL!!!

THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS.

WE'LL GET RELEGATED FOR SURE NOW.

WE'VE GOT 5 WEEKS TILL THE START OF THE SEASON, WE'LL NEVER GET A STRIKER IN THAT TIME.

I'M GONNA GET A REFUND ON MY SEASON TICKET.

SACK STURROCK NOW!!! Wink

It's All Good..............
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:46:20 »

good news, not a proven goal scorer,

before all the crap with the creditors yesterday i was thinking that once the takeover was comlpete and CVA paid off Luggy might be given a small transfer kitty, but its looking less and less likley.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:47:16 »

I'm so distressed by the whole thing that I'm going to mow the lawn and run myself over with the lawnmower.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:54:22 »

I'm glad he had a second medical. Imagine we signed him and was out for the rest of the season due to injury! Sturrock will have another up his sleeve.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 15:55:14 »

Good. Thought he was a carthorse anyway
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 16:11:42 »

Think had he been fit would have been a useful player, but Sturrock's obviously made a good choice if Bayo would have been out too long.
sonic youth

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 13, 2007, 16:13:50 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
I'm glad he had a second medical. Imagine we signed him and was out for the rest of the season due to injury! Sturrock will have another up his sleeve.

indeed, it might have taken a bit of time to sort things out but at least we didn't just sign a total crock. i doubt sturrock's stupid enough to put all his eggs in one basket, he'll have someone or other up his sleeve.

at this rate we'll be playing one up front against supermarine though  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: