Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fishing  (Read 902 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 14:39:50 »

its the easter holidays from uni at the moment. tomorrow i'm going to pick up my mate in nottingham, then off to alton towers for the day. then we drive up to the peak district for a couple of days of fishing.

problem is, i haven't been for about 6 years so i'm a little rusty. the only thing i can't remember is how to set up my line (quite a major gap in my knowledge, i know).

obviously i'll have the hook/lure on the end, but what goes on from there?

here's me tackle box:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ben3085/CIMG1218.jpg

i need some combination of those little lead weights, a float? what else?

cheers!
spacey

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 14:48:01 »

I might take up fishing.The sitting down drinking side of it appeals to me.I'd probably panic if I caught anything.
Sussex

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 15:01:41 »

My housemate is a kind of pro fisher. It gets a bit much when you're watching something on Sky and all these reminders pop up to say 'carp week' or whatever is starting on the other channel!

He's currently on a 48hr fishing thing, they take it that seriously that during the night, whilst sleeping, if they get a bite it sets a light and an alarm off to wake them. Some have even got kit that sends a vibrating call to their mobile which they keep in their pocket to wake them. Fucking loons!

Oh, dedication's what you need..
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 17:35:07 »

I used to go quite a lot.  I haven't been so much recently because I poked my mate in the back with my fishing rod and it snapped about a foot from the end :|

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 20, 2005, 18:11:49 »

You want to go over to thisis and speak to Banbury Red about it, he's the STFC equivalent of Jack Charlton, or you could catch him on the scum site as The Duke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: