Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2 quick points that hopefully aint already been covered....  (Read 2639 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 18:44:33 »

as I can't be arsed scrolling thru!

1. Curtis Weston - love to know the full story with him. Ego too big for sturrock? rate him over pook myself....and yes I know he's a different kind of player

2. Not sure I'm happy about this 'knock on' clause in some of the players contracts - anyone??  :?

just a thought, but anyone think calderwood will get the sack if forest fail to go up?
sonic youth

« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 18:45:50 »

What's 'knock on' clause? I don't follow.

I think Weston simply isn't Sturrock's style of player. Too much flair and not enough graft.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 18:47:57 »

sounds like players who are out of contract have the right to hang about even if they aint playin which'll limit his budget for new signings
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 18:48:44 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
What's 'knock on' clause? I don't follow.

I think Weston simply isn't Sturrock's style of player. Too much flair and not enough graft.

You play an agreed number of games and it triggers a contract extension.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 18:51:07 »

Some players are automatically given another years contract if thet play x amount of games. This is perhaps why Brownlie was suddenly dropped and shipped out on loan?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 18:55:25 »

shit, that means Brown might be hanging about like a cling on....and maybe why shakes/weston didn't feature towards the end? as sturrock said weston should be playing 1st team football...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 19:01:34 »

Weston's contract has been triggered - that's why Sturrock says he's available for transfer, else he would have been released.

Brown's gone.

Shakes is a mystery.
TalkTalk

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 22:42:19 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Shakes is a mystery.

In some kinda Twilight Zone sense?
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 01:48:08 »

Quote from: "jimbob"

1. Curtis Weston - love to know the full story with him. Ego too big for sturrock? rate him over pook myself....and yes I know he's a different kind of player

I'd guess that Weston's attitude has been a bit of a "I'm waiting for Wise to come and rescue me" for the last few months.

Just guessing though. Don't have any sauces though.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 14:55:31 »

Sturrock was royally miffed after the Barnet game, apparently players weren't following instructions.  I think that was Weston's last appearance.  

As for Shakes, if he could be taught how to cross the ball, he would be decent cover at right back or right midfield.  

It might come down to whether the coaching staff want to develop the player.

As for releasing youth players, a lot of very skillfull and promising players don't make it because they aren't robust enough for forty games a season.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 15:15:13 »

Brown has gone so I don't see how you can be worried about that?!
Not sure what the situation is with Shakes.

The fact it is called a contract extension clause surely completely contradicts your idea of out-of-contract players being tied to the club though jimbob!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: