Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Apology to Rovers Fans !  (Read 3056 times)
Stroudred

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 07:57:21 »

Apologise to Rovers fans...... you're having a laugh.
I am a law abiding citizen who is not abusive in any way, except under extreme provocation. I always thought of Rovers as a decent bunch however the trouble they caused at the home game made me think twice.  Before anyone replies. I know there are Town fans who are not Angels!  Just by luck yesterday we decided to stay inside the Inn on the Green, it was normal Swindon fans who were attacked!
When Rovers scored several of their fans in the FAMILY enclosure gave various hand gestures to us and one lady (I use the term very loosely) mouthed quite clearly F**K OFF in our direction!  The reason for standing in a tent was probably to get a decent view, I won't even mention the disgusting toilets! So if you apologise to Rovers you will not only be apologising to the decent fans but the scum from the pub too! I ask you to think twice but if you do feel it necessary to apologise, please make sure they are aware of what happened at the pub.  It must be a definite NO to groundshare, they have proved they don't respect us, so they certainly won't respect our ground or the local residents!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 08:19:13 »

What the fuck are you on about.Who is suggesting WE apologise to THEM?

Gestures and swearing inside the ground are part and parcel of the game. Jumping into pubs and attacking ordinary fans is not. They can fuck of to Cheltenham.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 08:19:33 »

They are all a bunch of 6 toed, sister loving twats! So as above, a great big NO to them coming here!
Stroudred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 08:28:36 »

In the Trouble before the game thread thats what I'm on about!!
A guy slags off Town fans , just sticking up for us !!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 08:30:42 »

Quote from: "Batch"
What the fuck are you on about.Who is suggesting WE apologise to THEM?

Gerald Phillips posted on the Trust forum that I should write to Rovers as Trust chairman and apologise because some of our fans deviated from the acceptable "Gor blimey, that's a foul Mr Referee and no mistake" line. I've responded on there and suggested that I don't think an apology from Swindon fans is necessary, rather that there should be an apology to Swindon fans.

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=1ce49239c3d0da12dc643692a9beb440&act=ST&f=2&t=5548&st=0&#entry38012
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 08:42:05 »

Oh, ok, thanks.

With the greatest of respect, this is Gerald Phillips. The most polite way I can describe his posts are 'unconventional'.

Phew, managed to avoid calling him a Window Licker.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 08:43:39 »

Indeed, as uncoventional as a hatful of frogs
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 10:51:36 »

Surely Gerald Phillips got off at the wrong station and was planning on an afternoon at Ashton Gate watching the egg chasers?
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 10:57:02 »

Quote from: "Arnold.J.Rimmer"
Surely Gerald Phillips got off at the wrong station and was planning on an afternoon at Ashton Gate watching the egg chasers?

hehe, definitely.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 15:03:20 »

Read through most of this and the other thread about trouble yesterday and was appalled. To contrast the experiences of most at yesterday's game, I went to watch baseball last night with my wife, family and a couple of my eldest son's friends (as a birthday treat). The home team unfortunately lost, but there was a party atmosphere from an hour before the game, through it and afterwards too. No intimidation, no swearing, no violence, reasonable food, beer on sale, clean toilets, comfortable seats, a good view from everywhere, plenty of other entertainment in between innings plus safe and cheap parking. My family had a great time!

Why can't football in the UK be like this? Why do we have to intimidate? Why swear? Why fight? Why do we have to put up with disgusting facilities? To me it just beggars belief!

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
glos_robin

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 16:57:33 »

Is that Gerald character for real? The guy is an absolute moron, he can make it his personal mission if he wants but it'll make him one of our most hated supporters
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 17:11:08 »

I reckon he was sat ( or stood)  Soapy Tit Wank  near me.

For the first 30 mins i stood to the far left by the food hut and there was lads everywhere. I remember over hearing some bloke saying ''it's disgusting all this swearing, there are women and children here''

It's a fucking football match not Bambi on Ice.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 18:00:10 »

Someone had a go at my brother who was stood down there. He told him what the fuck does he expect at a football match. What a numpty that guy is if he expects everyone to sit down and not swear.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 18:02:32 »

All i can think is that it must have been his first ever match.

Or he has lived a very sheltered life.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 18:43:10 »

In the car stuck in traffic on the way back, A rovers fan walked past the car all cocky and spotted my swindon badge,by that time it was too late to cover it up as I'd been advised and he had then called his mates over who were stood there singing and making wanker gestures at me! Had to laugh, I wanted to do something back but I did the sensible thing and turned away as I was in Dvs car and did'nt want them to damage it Cheesy

RED ARMY
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: