Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Opportunity on Saturday  (Read 4304 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 23:33:12 »

Dunno whether this is worthy of a new thread hey ho.........

Saturday is a massive opportunity for anyone traveling to rovers to make our feelings regarding the potential ground share perfectly clear, and therefore think we need to be as vocal as possible before the game and during half time, politely (or not) informing the rovers board they can stick their groundshare up their arse
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 23:43:35 »

I can't go on Saturday because I be working. But I have a concern about anti-rovers protests. Mainly the fact I'm not really that against it and I'm scared it's going to get lumped in as something that all pro-consortium people are supposed to be against.

Just my concerns anyway.
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 23:51:24 »

for the right price i would not be totally against it but at the moment i feel the negatives far outweigh any positives..........just out of interest does anyone know if the trust or any other fans groups have been consulted yet, and what the view from the trust is??
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 07:02:54 »

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19398
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 07:43:39 »

You cans stick your f*cking groundshare up your arse....you can stick blah blah
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 07:48:24 »

Ground share = Stupid idea... for a start bristolians are cunts and 2nd plain simply. No.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
neville w

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:17:18 »

What would people's reaction be if it was announced that there would be a £2 a ticket reduction as a result of Groundshare ?

Everyone's got a price .....

(I know prices have been announced but they could still be changed)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:41:36 »

Quote from: "neville w"
What would people's reaction be if it was announced that there would be a £2 a ticket reduction as a result of Groundshare ?

Don't give them ideas - I am against a ground share whatever bribe they may offer, it will not only ruin the pitch for us but could be a massive own goal in terms of a ground redevelopment and getting public support for this.
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:46:59 »

Nah I'd still be against sharing. Especially with Rovers

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:52:37 »

Ticket prices already announced.
Sharky

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:54:13 »

Quote from: "Power to people"

Don't give them ideas - I am against a ground share whatever bribe they may offer, it will not only ruin the pitch for us but could be a massive own goal in terms of a ground redevelopment and getting public support for this.

I'm not all that keen on the grounshare idea myself after the home game against rovers but in my opinion one of the only good things going for the idea is that it would surely AID any re-development plans as it shows how vital having a football club is??

I'm still unconvinced that it can work though and it definately wont work if we both stay down or go up either way......we'd have to be in different leagues or we'd have the home game trouble every saturday!
Amir

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 15:57:20 »

The more important question for me is what would Rovers ticket prices be like compared to ours?  We could certainly lose out on a few floating fans if they are charging less and have a more interesting season say.
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 16:11:42 »

Well the assumption is, they would be cheaper for bristol rovers as they are in league two and touch wood we are in league one. Fact is we pay rent for some where we only use 30 times a year tops. If that could go upto 60 with rent stayin the same and rovers sorting out their own coppers. that would be fanatstic for the sustainability of the STFC.

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 17:38:42 »

Quote from: "Sharky"
I'm not all that keen on the grounshare idea myself after the home game against rovers but in my opinion one of the only good things going for the idea is that it would surely AID any re-development plans as it shows how vital having a football club is??

I don't get it, how would it do that??
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 17:42:14 »

Quote from: "Richard4acre"
Well the assumption is, they would be cheaper for bristol rovers as they are in league two and touch wood we are in league one. Fact is we pay rent for some where we only use 30 times a year tops. If that could go upto 60 with rent stayin the same and rovers sorting out their own coppers. that would be fanatstic for the sustainability of the STFC.

:?

60 games in a season ?

WTF is the pitch going to be like come Jan/Feb ?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: