Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a team to play for this summer  (Read 15931 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 20:52:28 »

Quote from: "Scot Munroe"
Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Perhaps a few of us should get together somewhere for a knock about?

Anyone know of anywhere where we can play in some outdoor nets?

St Joseph has nets probably used only for students. I ll be up for a knock about.

What are the nets like there? My old school (Bradon Forest) had tacky plastic matting rather than artificial grass, which used to ruin your balls ( Oops ).
Scot Munroe

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 20:54:16 »

St Joseph has nets probably used only for students. I ll be up for a knock about.

What are the nets like there? My old school (Bradon Forest) had tacky plastic matting rather than artificial grass, which used to ruin your balls ( Oops ).

Really don't mate. Indoor cricket at new college was always fun. Wicket at Dorcan where i went to school is dreadul.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 20:56:29 »

hreod has some new outdoor nets. not sure about the quality though, they look abit astro-turfy.

Things get better but they never get good
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 21:00:39 »

the facilities at St Joseoph's are brand new so they mightn't be too bad...

I just wan to play some fucking cricket, don't care where or when. My manboobs are my lethal weapon when I bowl.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 21:04:23 »

Someone want to find somewhere then? I won't be able to phone round etc tomorrow because I'll be at work.
red macca

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 21:04:49 »

I am fuckin amazing at cricket believe it or not
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 21:07:02 »

Want to join us Macca?
red macca

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 21:14:05 »

Nah crickets shit.Will come if you have any beer though
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 23:18:56 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Swindon CC have two Sunday teams, if anyone fancies it we ought to pop along. I really want to play this summer but not if I'm going to be on me tod  Cheesy

i'd look for a smaller club yoof, no point playing for them unless you want to really test yourself, you won't really become or feel part of the club. better to find a club where your efforts (even if they are only in the bar!) are appreicated. we're playing swindon in a friendly next sat at home, with our 2nds playing their 2nds at their place.

if you are only playing for fun and not to really test yourself it'd be better to find a good village team who love to have a few guys playing sundays that keep the club bar going

my knowledge of teams in wiltshire is a bit limited so i can't really help too much

if i were you i'd find a number of teams that are in a decent proximity then go up to the ground find out if it has the two requirements for any sunday cricketer; a) fairly pictureque b) has a bar. should be plenty about
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, April 19, 2007, 23:25:28 »

a couple of village side i can think of (although i don't think any have bars) are a) cricklade - no bar but two sat teams and a sun team i think, b) barnsley beeches - always have a sat and sun team, c) ampney crucis - only a sunday team now with the crown of crucis pub right next door though

might be worth contacting someone from these clubs and having a chat

can't help on sides closer to swindon though

dave might know some though - what's his lot? spye park isn't it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 00:22:05 »

Never been a big cricket player....but my best mate was really into it.....so I've played a bit....I can bowl decentlyish....although you generally get 2 good balls and 4 bad ones in an over.....can play defence with the bat but far to re-active to the ball than pro-active.

If people were serious about just going on some field for a knock about I'd do it....my mate would two and he's got loads of cricket shit
STFC Village

« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 01:43:09 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Nah crickets shit.
What's the matter, MaccaFly?

CHICKEN?!
Spud

« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 05:03:54 »

Really don't mate. Indoor cricket at new college was always fun. Wicket at Dorcan where i went to school is dreadul.

Agreed, it was a right cunt to keep wicket on.

I'll be up for a knock about somewhere during the summer. My pads are still sparkling after buying them and then only playing on for another 2 matches.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 06:20:20 »

i used to be quite good, but i haven't played in years. i'd be well up for spending some sundays getting burnt  Cheesy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 20, 2007, 06:27:12 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
Swindon CC have two Sunday teams, if anyone fancies it we ought to pop along. I really want to play this summer but not if I'm going to be on me tod  Cheesy

i'd look for a smaller club yoof, no point playing for them unless you want to really test yourself, you won't really become or feel part of the club. better to find a club where your efforts (even if they are only in the bar!) are appreicated. we're playing swindon in a friendly next sat at home, with our 2nds playing their 2nds at their place.

if you are only playing for fun and not to really test yourself it'd be better to find a good village team who love to have a few guys playing sundays that keep the club bar going

my knowledge of teams in wiltshire is a bit limited so i can't really help too much

if i were you i'd find a number of teams that are in a decent proximity then go up to the ground find out if it has the two requirements for any sunday cricketer; a) fairly pictureque b) has a bar. should be plenty about

Yep agreed. I used to play for Swindon when i was a kid and they are a bunch of tossers. You're best getting XI together for a friendly against a village team. There are plenty about looking for friendlies. I play for Nationwide on saturdays and we have a casuals team who are made up of not regular cricketers who play on wednesdays nights and they are looking for teams too.

Although i would advise a practise first. If anyone gets a pitch or nets booked i'll come along.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: