Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hawkwind......  (Read 611 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 20:11:46 »

.....amazed to see that there is still a band by the name, and they played in Swindon in December.

I first caught them playing off the back of a lorry....somewhere, somewhere in a field in Hampshire (well IoW actually but that was in Hampshire in 1970), saw them a number of times through to punk outbreak of 76, then they fell off my radar.

Used to be the most amazing live band when on form, which to be fair didn't always happen........

Anybody caught the more recent incarnation.?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 20:32:22 »

My Mum and Dad seen them a couple of times.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 20:45:38 »

I grew up listening to Hawkwind.  My dad taught me well on the music front making me listen to Hawkwind, Led Zep and the like.

I have a number of their albums and still regularly listen to them.  You can';t beat "Silver Machine"!, "master of the Universe" and "Sonic Attack" to name but a few!  I have never seen them but my dad said they were superb!

The last I heard was a while back now but i believe that Dave Brock is still fronting them!  I'll have to check them up now.  I am gutted i missed them in December, i must have been asleep! Sad

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 11, 2005, 21:04:38 »

I always liked Nik Turner......who used to play a spaced out free form jazz saxaphone, through a wah wah pedal, whereby he just used to blow away seemingly in his own Ornette Coleman world, but somehow it worked.

+ Stacia the dancer used to get her tits out, and they were worth looking at.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: