Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: At least Sunday will be interesting now  (Read 1909 times)
returnofthereds

« on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 17:39:07 »

With the new boys coming in this week at least on Sunday we should put on a better show than what we could have done.Some of these players have not had sessions with Sturrock yet to pick up bad habits.I would also play Jerel to follow Forrester where ever he goes, which I think he is extremely good at.
                                 Smith
Smith    Westwood    Ifil        Partridge     Nicholas
         James              Peacock             Zabooub
                             Lucas     Corr
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 17:43:19 »

for a manager who bases his game on wingers - I can't see us playing wing backs.

it's a bit harsh saying they pick up bad habits from PS - I think our form right now is down to the fact we're trying to  play a certain way, with no leadership without Ady, without the players who are suited to that way of playing, and who don't have the ability or application to change the way the play or take on ideas
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 17:47:10 »

Agreed. It gives us a bit more hope with a few new faces.

Sturrock won't play 3 or 5 at the back though, it's always a back four with him.
returnofthereds

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 17:58:29 »

I didn't mean to give the impression that we should go with wing backs because we have 5 across the back.More like 4, with Jerel purely shadowing Forrester and nothing else. As for the bad habits, maybe that was a little unfair on PS. But at the moment we are playing very poorly week in week out.This is the habit we need to kick out.Not saying this is all his fault but how many of you can honestly say you haven't screamed/shouted or scratched your heads at recent line ups and subs he's made. That i'm afraid, he is responsible for.Lets hope for a happy end to the season (top 3 pllleeeaaasseee !!!!!)
returnofthereds

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 19:08:45 »

Just been reading a piece on the bbc website about the 3 games in league 2 this Sunday. It's by Notts Co. boss Steve Thompson.This little snippet appealed to me:The Red Impsare missing their leading scorers Mark Stallard and Jamie Forrester and we have loaned them Junior Mendes.
That along with the other guy going back to Forest must damage there morale a bit ( if its true ).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 19:16:50 »

I hope we go for the Corr Grimey strike partnership  Cool I bet Jon Ritson has creamed himself at the thought of such great headlines.
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 19:32:00 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I hope we go for the Corr Grimey strike partnership  Cool I bet Jon Ritson has creamed himself at the thought of such great headlines.

Superb mate.
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 19:39:59 »

Quote from: "returnofthereds"
Just been reading a piece on the bbc website about the 3 games in league 2 this Sunday. It's by Notts Co. boss Steve Thompson.This little snippet appealed to me:The Red Impsare missing their leading scorers Mark Stallard and Jamie Forrester and we have loaned them Junior Mendes.
That along with the other guy going back to Forest must damage there morale a bit ( if its true ).

Spencer Weir-Daley has gone back to Forest but they've loaned him out to Bradford.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 23, 2007, 09:40:10 »

Quote from: "Tails"
lambourn red

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 23, 2007, 18:13:00 »

Sturrock has been reported to say that none of the 5 loans will start on Sunday!! whats the fucking point of getting them in. Roberts,Brown and Shakes have had enough time to turn things around now get them out. :evil:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 23, 2007, 18:42:32 »

i agree lambourn! its stupid not playing them. i think the idea is to give the current lads a kick up the arse to be honest
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 23, 2007, 23:49:05 »

4-4-2.

Bollocks to all the other systems.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: