Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FAO BOB'S ORANGE/EDINBURGH PEOPLE  (Read 2475 times)
timmyg

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 22:04:03 »

I shall be in Edinburgh this weekend and was wondering if you know where in the city centre would be likely/willing to show the Lincoln game?

Any advice?

Also perhaps the England game on Saturday evening is a bridge too far?

never trust a nun...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 22:35:42 »

Quote from: "timmyg"
Also perhaps the England game on Saturday evening is a bridge too far?

England game? In Edinburgh?

I hope you're taking your stab vest!
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 22:55:23 »

I was thinking that. If it's on BBC then I'll watch it in the hotel... If not then I'll support Israel (shouldn't be too hard with the clowns poncing around in England shirts).

never trust a nun...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 21, 2007, 22:58:43 »

It's on BBC One.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 00:16:14 »

I think it's only on SS1, highlights on MOTD in the evening
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 00:30:38 »

It's only on Sky.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 06:38:16 »

You should have no problems getting the England game mate, it doesn't clash with the Scotland game so they will show it in pretty much any of the pubs in the city centre.

Depending where you are staying the grassmarket area which is about a 5 minute walk from the city centre usually has a good atmosphere, the 3 sisters is a large pub which will show the game. You'll probably find plenty of Scots becoming Israeli's for the day!!

With regards to the Lincoln game, try Shakespeare's on Lothian Road if it has been refurbished yet (i think it has), they usually show all the football and they have 2 big screens. Just go in fairly early and ask if they will put the game on for you, you'll have no probs mate.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 08:37:15 »

Awesome. We're staying over in what used to be 'the Canals' when I was a kid, but now is called Edinburgh Quay or something, so Lothian Road is the way into town.

Thanks very much!

I haven't been back to the 'Burgh in nearly 8 years so I'm looking forward to seeing it/being able to get a drink in a pub etc.

You don't happen to know the weather forecast for the weekend do you? I was hoping to get out to Arthur's Seat on Sunday morning but if the weather's going to be crap I'll go up to the castle of something. One o'clock gun : BOOOOOM!!

never trust a nun...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 15:51:46 »

Quote from: "timmyg"
Awesome. We're staying over in what used to be 'the Canals' when I was a kid, but now is called Edinburgh Quay or something, so Lothian Road is the way into town.

Thanks very much!

I haven't been back to the 'Burgh in nearly 8 years so I'm looking forward to seeing it/being able to get a drink in a pub etc.

You don't happen to know the weather forecast for the weekend do you? I was hoping to get out to Arthur's Seat on Sunday morning but if the weather's going to be crap I'll go up to the castle of something. One o'clock gun : BOOOOOM!!

You are aware I live in Luxembourg now? I haven't a clue what the weather is like, try the 5 day forecast on BBC. Ok I'll do it for you!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1808

Lothian Road is off the end of Princes Street. If you are staying where I think you are, get the number 22 bus which goes door to door and you'll be able to get off within spitting distance of Shakeys.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 22, 2007, 20:00:53 »

Aha. I hadn't seen that. I apologise to you and your family.

I had looked on there before but cloud/sun doesn't really make my mind up about going up to Arthur's Seat. If it just said SUN or CLOUD/RAIN then I could plan it, but I think I'll just go up to the Castle and show the girlfriend the sights from up there.

I'm staying in what I know as the Canal but has been redeveloped and renamed to the Quay apparently. I haven't been there in 8 years or so!

Thanks for your help anyway, I'll check out the Shakespeare.

never trust a nun...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: