Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby,bloody Grimsby  (Read 1279 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 09:06:14 »

One of my worst ever away trips Sad I've erased from my mind the exact season we went,think it was the 1997/98 season but Ndah and Iffy were playing and Mcmahon was manager.
We went to stay the weekend because it was Bank holiday,but because it was the Bank holiday all of Cleethorpes finest hotels and B&B's were booked up solid with fat northerners eating chips,damn them Wink I got stung by a wasp for the first time,we couldn't find the sea front,and the place looked like a junky haven.In short it was pretty crap.
The ground with its wind was arse numbingly cold,we were shit and lost one nil.All in all it was a bad day out.To cap it off we ended up staying in a Travel lodge in Scunthorpe,glorious!

Just thought i'd share my experience,sure everyone else has had worse times following the Town away,but none of us would change it Cheesy Except there is no way i would go to Grimsby again :nono:  Soapy Tit Wank

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 09:19:05 »

sums it all up really. Rather go to carlisle than grimsby it's like penhill valley in the 80's but with more chavs soapy tit wank.. i went to that match by train glad i didn't drive i would of been suicidal after seeing that dross play.

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 09:45:02 »

I cant wait to go larwood! Beats shopping  Cheesy

fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 09:59:01 »

and I was gonna offer you a lift as well ! Wink
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 13:25:48 »

We used to make it one of our regular away trips...pre-match drinking in "the leaking boot" or something, where for some bizarre reason when I ordered a vodka and orange, I got a vodka and orange SQUASH.  Not a nice combination!

Although it is a bit of a hole, I actually have quite fond memories of the place...
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 18:49:39 »

i went up to rochdale earlier in the season only for the match to be called off, when returning home early i found my wife in bed with a female friend . i was just about to go ballistic when her friend asked me to join them.
just thought i,d share my experience ,sure everyones had worse times following the town away,but i,m not going to change Smiley  i might go tomorrow if i,ve got the energy.
lebowski

« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 18:52:06 »

good story, where do you live johnny? and what time are you leaving?
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 16, 2007, 18:57:43 »

they are both over 16 stone though are you still interested in what time i,m leaving or are you just short of a lift?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: