Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weston  (Read 2272 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 18:11:55 »

I can't help wondering if Curtis Weston's stfc career is over, after Sturrock criticising him in the week, what a perfect opportunity for him to go out and prove something to the manager by coming on on as a sub, but no Sturrock would rather move Peacock back in to a wide right position than bring on Weston by the seems.

Sad as it looked like he had a talent - I firmly expect if Leeds are relegated for Wise to take him to Leeds for next season though on a free.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 18:22:14 »

From comments made, I think the problem was following instructions.  Luggy put out the most established side he could on Saturday.  I have to assume that the regulars had responded in training.

I saw Timlin and Pook the best options to protect the makeshift back four.  Without injury, and with a clean sheet, there wouldn't seem much point in changing those two players.  

Presumably, everyone on Saturday followed instructions.  If we didn't let a goal in Stanley could be depended on to let one in, based on recent form.  After 24 hours, this was a comfortable win, but before the game there wasn't much comfort about it.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 19:10:15 »

I personally think there may be a bit of the Royce Brownlie thing about Weston..ie plays a certain ammount of games for us therefore triggering a contract extension/wage hike. Leeds it is then. Sad
The lad has got a bit about him, and he will no doubt play at a higher level in the not too distant future. I just hope it is with us, but i have a feeling it wont be.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 19:13:15 »

i thought he had already triggered a 2nd year from his clause in his contract or was that all just rubbish?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 19:28:16 »

as I said, going on what sturrock says I wouldnt be surprised if Sturrock tries to turn him into a right winger....

...but anyway Sturrock doesnt always keep his word now does he.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 19:38:52 »

Quote from: "Rich"
i thought he had already triggered a 2nd year from his clause in his contract or was that all just rubbish?

Dunno.....has he?
 Shrug

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 19:40:10 »

IMO Weston is a better option wide on the right than Shakes, whose only asset is speed but can't pass/cross.

69 ...... my favourite number.
Spencer_White

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 11, 2007, 20:02:51 »

If we let him go he will go on to be a quality player somewhere else. You can guarantee it. But then if the attitude isnt there then we might have to let him go.

Just like Brian Howard.
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 08:49:15 »

Found it strange that Sturrock persisted with Roberts, Shakes and Brown over Lukas, Weston and Zaaboub .. but you cant argue with the result - but to be fair Accy were awful
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 11:35:07 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Found it strange that Sturrock persisted with Roberts, Shakes and Brown over Lukas, Weston and Zaaboub .. but you cant argue with the result - but to be fair Accy were awful

I found it strange that you left out Pooks name from your list of persisted with players! wtf is it with Pook and his love for the first time hoof over the top back to the opposition keeper?
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 11:48:43 »

Too much GM foods for Pook. His foots turned into a banana.
fatbury

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 11:50:12 »

yes but Pook was dropped at Barnet and Stockport .. both games we lost - the games we won v Chester and Accy he played - tells a story!
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 11:52:25 »

Um so were we
glos_robin

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 13:38:42 »

yes but Pook was dropped at Barnet and Stockport .. both games we lost - the games we won v Chester and Accy he played - tells a story!

And our best performance of the season at Walsall saw Pook no where near it, he just come on as a last minute time wasting sub....twist the facts however you want
mattboyslim

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 13:41:15 »

Indeed Glos, you can prove anythign with Statistics, like the NotW having Roberts as our man of the match on Satuday, I can wholly assume they didn't see the game, peacock was twice the player roberts was.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: