Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashley Westwood  (Read 1814 times)
fatbury

« on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:25:47 »

What were your early opinions of him? I mean obviously he was a bit crap on Saturday - the whole team was - at least he had the excuse of just having joined.

However he looked a bit slow and not as big a presence as Adie was ... Our defence looked a bit lost without the captain and Ashley sadly doesnt look like hes going to improve it.

Just curious as to others views on Ash
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:31:16 »

Haven't seen him play yet.

To be fair to him, he hasn't had any time with his team mates, has just come back from an injury and probably learnt a lot from saturdays game with regard to the players around him.

Don't think you can judge any player on one, or even two, games. He need to be allowed to bed in first.

You said he looked slow Fatbury, but Williams hasn't got any pace, with him it's all about positioning and commanding the defence. Hopefully, after a full week with the team, Westwood will be more confident in taking charge of the back four come Saturday.

It's All Good..............
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 10:39:47 »

Yeah fair points ... you have to give him a chance .. just that the early indicators are that he didnt look great .. and now he has to play with either Vincent, Nicho or maybe even Peacock instead of the normally more reliable Jerel
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 11:19:16 »

to be honest, when i first saw williams play i thought he looked like an absolute donkey.

westwood needs games.

officially blacker than the night.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 13:52:09 »

Fatbury I think it will actually benefit Westwood having Vincent alongside him rather than Ifil.  Vincent has been superb in there and constantly talks to the defence so will take any pressure off Westwood and give him more of a chance to find his feet.

We can only judge him after a few games throughout his career Westwood has had mixed reviews so we will just have to watch this space.  As far as the normally more reliable Ifil as you put it please note that Ifil is only reliable when he has Vincent or Williams talking him through the game without either he has been poor.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:09:57 »

I've never seen Westwood play but he sounded pretty poor on the radio.

Were you actually there fatbury

However, regardless of his fitness, settling etc I still think we should be above signing players from Chester fucking City.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:35:18 »

Quote from: "DV85"

However, regardless of his fitness, settling etc I still think we should be above signing players from Chester fucking City.

Doesn't matter who we are signing them from, as long as they are good.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:36:40 »

well, yes it does....but if they were any good I wouldnt expect to find them at Chester fucking City
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:37:08 »

Of course no-one below us in the league has any decent players at all :roll:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 17:38:32 »

Besides which we arein the same league as Chester Fucking City. Dillusions of grandeur where STFC is concerned DV I think.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 5, 2007, 22:26:31 »

He didn't have the commanding centre half stature that I'd expected and hoped for.

Yes, he was horribly at fault for the third.

But he's suffering from the most hysterical over-reaction to a team performance that I can recall in a long, long time - from sulky Luggy to the astute judges who can clearly spot a dud from 200 miles.

I think he'll be fine, but might take another game or two to settle.
Northern Red

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 13:20:44 »

I thought he looked alright  :|

But then the whole team looked awful, so it's not a good comparison.
mylifeisstfc

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 19:07:01 »

Quote from: "Tails"

but if he was any good i dont think chester fucking city would allow him out on loan
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 19:11:04 »

Quote from: "mylifeisstfc"
Quote from: "Tails"

but if he was any good i dont think chester fucking city would allow him out on loan

Ask what Chester fans think of him. I think they are questioning why they'd let him out on loan aswell.
mylifeisstfc

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 19:12:25 »

most of what ive seen the chester fans just say hes always injured
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: