Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Was Garrard that good???  (Read 4918 times)
byax6

« on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:07:32 »

I understand that he is a promising youngster and that it will take time for him to adapt to first team football, and although his second half performance was good, he was pretty poor in the first half and his rather slack marking almost led to the oppo scoring.

So why was he man of the match, and why have the adver and wezzern daily given him so much praise? Hopefully he will develop into a first team regular if he works hard for it as he certainly has potential, but i'm not expecting too much, anyone remember James Williams???
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:10:06 »

I think the hype surrounding Garrard has been half of what has been made of Caton, who has done nothing but score a tap-in. However, the credit Garrard has receieved is warranted in my eyes, against both City and Donny he worked hard, defended solidly and got down the flank fairly well. I think he uses the ball very intelligently as well.

I certainly think he's got more of a future at the club than others who have been hyped in recent times but he's still young.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 16:10:57 »

I thought in a very very average team performance, he played quite well, only maybe a 7 out of ten, but seeing as everyone else had a stinker, with possible exception of Parkin, Roberts and Duke, for a man of little to no first team experience he did deserve his m-o-t-m award.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 17:42:52 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I think the hype surrounding Garrard has been half of what has been made of Caton, who has done nothing but score a tap-in. However, the credit Garrard has receieved is warranted in my eyes, against both City and Donny he worked hard, defended solidly and got down the flank fairly well. I think he uses the ball very intelligently as well.

I certainly think he's got more of a future at the club than others who have been hyped in recent times but he's still young.

You two faced fiends, all of you!

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/forum_new/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15203&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=hype
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 18:03:03 »

My mate said to me that if anyone else had played like Garrard had done it would have been regarded as two okay performances, it's just that he's young and new to the side that everyone gets excited.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 18:46:43 »

He's young and an unknown quantity so people are going to get excited about him because we know nothing about him.
Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 13, 2004, 22:52:12 »

Looked nothing more than average to me so far, nothing to get excited about by any means, just yet anyway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: