Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: match report and ratings  (Read 7301 times)
Amir

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:22:03 »

I was too busy watching Roberts wind them up to see Shakey's dance.
red macca

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:31:23 »

Quote from: "Whits"
Quote from: "red macca"
Seems like roberts gave them the finger today
 Cheesy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy played a belter and saved us from worsening our goal difference which may prove important! He crowned it all by saving from Christian Roberts much to our absolute delight. I'm sure you'll read more about this winker later on ... especially if he gets done for giving us the stiff-finger!

All in all their defence was just too well organised for us and we made little impact in their area.

Plenty more left to win though.

beat you to it  Tongue
2nd time you beat me to something today..did you have the last chocolate bar in the garage
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:32:53 »

nah it was a milky bar, is that chocolate? i'm not sure  :|

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Northern Red

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 01:00:06 »

Shakes - 8 - I honestly cant believe this is the same Ricky Shakes, seems you really can polish a turd. Good running and some great crossing. I hope he keeps this form up

I've been banging on about Shakes forever - glad he's showing good form at the moment.

From most ratings he's the Man of the Match today then?
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 02:38:15 »

i don't post on here as much as i should but i feel the need today probably as it was such a good performance

P.Smith - 7 - Did'nt have "loads" to do but did what was needed of him well apart from one incident at the town end where he went wandering as the ball was drifting towards byline only for a macclesfield player to put it baxk in and get a corner

J.Smith - 6.5 - Still not the same player after his ban, looks nervous on the ball and tries to offload asap instead of running, defended well in patches needs to talk to shakes more

Ifil - 8 - Did nothing wrong, strong in the air and distribution on the whole was a lot better apart from 2 incidents i can remember

Williams - 7 - an improvement on the last home game in which he was dire, looked a lot more confident and strong

Nicholas - 7 - didn't put a foot wrong really, distribution was good, needed to attack the wings more

Shakes - 8.5 - outstanding, has grown in confidence after Palace game, touch is excellent, harries defenders and makes a general nuisance of himself down the wing

Timlin - 7.5 - Distribution was spot on, tackled well but drifted occasionally

Pook - 7.5 - went quiet like Timlin but when called upon, played well, seems a lotmore confident with Timlin next to him

Zaaboub - 7 - very quiet today, apart from one run i remember, should have scored 1st chance

Peacock - 9 - Touch was perfect, his distribution ideas are usually always right but other players don't seem to be able to read what he's doing, lovely free kick unlucky not to have the matchball really, should do better in the air on goal and overheard kick was cracking, actually got some decisions today for once, still not enough though as he is manhandled every game, gives as good as he gets now though

Roberts - 6.5 - flatters to deceive, i know the talents there, he just doesn't seem arsed unless it's at his feet which is fine but you've gotta put the work in in other areas, chase down, harrie defenders JUMP! dire penalty, but there keeper was on fire
red macca

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:21:06 »

Quote from: "Parkin09"
i don't post on here as much as i should but i feel the need today probably as it was such a good performance

P.Smith - 7 - Did'nt have "loads" to do but did what was needed of him well apart from one incident at the town end where he went wandering as the ball was drifting towards byline only for a macclesfield player to put it baxk in and get a corner

J.Smith - 6.5 - Still not the same player after his ban, looks nervous on the ball and tries to offload asap instead of running, defended well in patches needs to talk to shakes more

Ifil - 8 - Did nothing wrong, strong in the air and distribution on the whole was a lot better apart from 2 incidents i can remember

Williams - 7 - an improvement on the last home game in which he was dire, looked a lot more confident and strong

Nicholas - 7 - didn't put a foot wrong really, distribution was good, needed to attack the wings more

Shakes - 8.5 - outstanding, has grown in confidence after Palace game, touch is excellent, harries defenders and makes a general nuisance of himself down the wing

Timlin - 7.5 - Distribution was spot on, tackled well but drifted occasionally

Pook - 7.5 - went quiet like Timlin but when called upon, played well, seems a lotmore confident with Timlin next to him

Zaaboub - 7 - very quiet today, apart from one run i remember, should have scored 1st chance

Peacock - 9 - Touch was perfect, his distribution ideas are usually always right but other players don't seem to be able to read what he's doing, lovely free kick unlucky not to have the matchball really, should do better in the air on goal and overheard kick was cracking, actually got some decisions today for once, still not enough though as he is manhandled every game, gives as good as he gets now though

Roberts - 6.5 - flatters to deceive, i know the talents there, he just doesn't seem arsed unless it's at his feet which is fine but you've gotta put the work in in other areas, chase down, harrie defenders JUMP! dire penalty, but there keeper was on fire
So based on your ratings zaboub,pook and timlin were better than roberts yesterday
Piemonte

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:31:06 »

Thought we played well yesterday, Macclesfield were no mugs, and played some decent stuff untill we went 2-0 up, at which piont they had the look of a beaten team.

P.Smith - 7 -

J.Smith - 6 - Still looks slightly out of sorts to me, but was far from terrible.

Ifil - 7-

Williams - 7 -

Nicholas - 7 -

Shakes - 8 - Some good crosses, good finish, and all the ususal hard work. In a shoking development, an STFC management team might actually be coaching one of our players to be better:shock:

Timlin - 7 - didnt reach the heights of some of his other performcnces, but still good.

Pook - 7 - battled well. dont think he was as good as some others have stated, but he was still good

Zaaboub - 6.5 - didnt come alive til the last 15 mins

Peacock - 9 - MOTM. his best performance in a swindon shirt? Ball constantly stuck to him up front, won loads of free kicks and some great touches. good shot in 1st half, but was a bit lucky with the free kick tbh.

Roberts - 7.5 -  Caused them problems. a couple of really good runs. Still loses the ball when he shouldnt, and still makes bad decisions, but you have to take the rough with the smooth as far as he is concerned.
Sussex

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:36:44 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Thought we played well yesterday, Macclesfield were no mugs, and played some decent stuff untill we went 2-0 up, at which piont they had the look of a beaten team.

P.Smith - 7 -

J.Smith - 6 - Still looks slightly out of sorts to me, but was far from terrible.

Ifil - 7-

Williams - 7 -

Nicholas - 7 -

Shakes - 8 - Some good crosses, good finish, and all the ususal hard work. In a shoking development, an STFC management team might actually be coaching one of our players to be better:shock:

Timlin - 7 - didnt reach the heights of some of his other performcnces, but still good.

Pook - 7 - battled well. dont think he was as good as some others have stated, but he was still good

Zaaboub - 6.5 - didnt come alive til the last 15 mins

Peacock - 9 - MOTM. his best performance in a swindon shirt? Ball constantly stuck to him up front, won loads of free kicks and some great touches. good shot in 1st half, but was a bit lucky with the free kick tbh.

Roberts - 7.5 -  Caused them problems. a couple of really good runs. Still loses the ball when he shouldnt, and still makes bad decisions, but you have to take the rough with the smooth as far as he is concerned.

Spot on. Good post.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:38:29 »

Were you there then spazoid?
Sussex

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:42:12 »

Yes. In my own special way.  Sad
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:43:15 »

Down the front with a helper again?
Sussex

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 15:45:00 »

Oi. Leave the vegetable rack out of this.
Spencer_White

« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 16:04:19 »

As has been said before, their keeper was man of the match. Dissapointed not to have racked up a bigger scoreline, but Macclesfield allowed us to do that because they came to play football instead of comming for a 0-0.

Shakes was much better today. At Boston he was hopeless and looked out of his depth (yes he looked out of his depth at Boston). I still dont rate him, and I still dont think he should be starting.

Thought Roberts was excellent today. Town fans seem to be harsh on him because you see him dribble as he does and you think he should get 30 a season in League 2. He made good running, played off good balls for other players and ran at their defence as much as he could. He did fade (as always) but it wasnt as bad as some games. I could see the pressure he was putting on himself to score that penalty. But in hindsight that was a fantastic save by their keeper.

I think Swindon fans are in danger of making the same mistake with Roberts as we did with Brian Howard. Sometimes he does infuriate. But he is a quality footballer. Keep it in perspective.

And the ref was fucking shit. Stiffled the game in the 2nd half. Whistle every 30 seconds. Bloody rubbish.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 16:23:30 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Thought Roberts was excellent today. Town fans seem to be harsh on him because you see him dribble as he does and you think he should get 30 a season in League 2. He made good running, played off good balls for other players and ran at their defence as much as he could. He did fade (as always) but it wasnt as bad as some games. I could see the pressure he was putting on himself to score that penalty. But in hindsight that was a fantastic save by their keeper.

I think Swindon fans are in danger of making the same mistake with Roberts as we did with Brian Howard. Sometimes he does infuriate. But he is a quality footballer. Keep it in perspective.

from what i saw yesterday i couldn't agree more. by far the most creative and dangerous player on the pitch
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 29, 2007, 09:17:43 »

Thirded Roberts was very good, and I cannot believe their centre half (the black one) didn't get booked and Roberts did.  He studded CR down his calf Roberts gets angry about it and the ref books Roberts.  Those kind of tackles are season ending tackles roberts was right to be pissed off.

The same defender was constantly fouling the Cock all match and made another three or four fouls which should have seen him end up in the book.

Ref and lino (who nearly cost us a goal by giving Macc a free kick when it never was) were terrible.

As others have said only one MOM on Saturday - their keeper - superb!!  WANKER!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: