Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: match report and ratings  (Read 7299 times)
Amir

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 20:56:51 »

Probably because when the ball was played Roberts was in his own half.

He was stood static a yard in their half, and all of their players were in our half.

Pook did well, got caught on the ball once but apart from that everything he did was pretty much spot on.  Shakey is a new man and Peacock was superb today, if only he could cut out the diving and silly fouls.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 21:04:32 »

Their goalie was motm today - we could have won about 6-0 if it was for him. Especially with that header from the corner

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 21:05:16 »

no i am not the skinny lad with the burberry hat
TalkTalk

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 21:13:16 »

Quote from: "stfc_steve"
no i am not the skinny lad with the burberry hat

No, that's Steve.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 21:19:25 »

i was seriously impressed by swindon today, dominated from the start to the finish and on another day it could easily have been 5 zip

ince has obviously macclesfield well organised but apart from 3 or so well worked attacks in the first half they offered little

i thought roberts was fantastic today. when he got the ball the ball he ran at the defence with such pace and control that they didn't know what to do. whenever he got the ball he looked as though he was going to create something and for me his performance more than warranted a goal

im not entirely sure how anyone can rate pook above timlim today. they were an excellent partnership but lets compare and contrast; pook ran about like a headless but effective chicken for 90 minutes, timlin sat back won the ball then actually looked up a picked out a player, instead of the routine hoof.

timlin's cross field ball in the first half was sublime. noone else on the pitch had anywhere near the ability to do that

adi williams is an absolute rock at the back. whilst jerel will cut out attacks with an excellent tackle, williams doesn't even let an attack develop because he reads the game about half an hour before everyone else

swindon certainly got the rub of the green when it came to the ref, but that's football and who's gonna complain. looked a dead set pen for macclesfield in the first half, i was stood right by it
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 22:05:28 »

How can you be a 'headless but effective' chicken? When you call some one a headless chicken it means they have run around a lot but have been ineffective. You can't be effective and run around like a headless chicken. They are opposite ends of the spectrum.

I am confused :shock:
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 22:07:36 »

he runs about a lot not really knowing what he's doing and doesn't produce any play of note but yet by harrying and rushing the oppo it still has a role to play
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 22:23:10 »

I didnt think any particular player played amazing, but my man of the match would go to Peacock.  In the second half, he finally decided to stay in attacking positions as apposed to staying in midfield.

I thought Roberts had a pretty poor game.  He can run with the ball well, but never ran into decent positions.  When he was 1 on 1 with the goalie in the first half, you knew he wouldnt score.  If he had the finishing aspect to his game, then he'd be a good striker.

Shakes played well in the first half, Zaboob in the second.  Defence were generally solid, and Maccesfield rarely troubled Town.

Overall it was an ok performance, but i get the feeling that if we played like that in a higher division, we would struggle
red macca

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 22:30:58 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
I didnt think any particular player played amazing, but my man of the match would go to Peacock.  In the second half, he finally decided to stay in attacking positions as apposed to staying in midfield.

I thought Roberts had a pretty poor game.  He can run with the ball well, but never ran into decent positions.  When he was 1 on 1 with the goalie in the first half, you knew he wouldnt score.  If he had the finishing aspect to his game, then he'd be a good striker.

Shakes played well in the first half, Zaboob in the second.  Defence were generally solid, and Maccesfield rarely troubled Town.

Overall it was an ok performance, but i get the feeling that if we played like that in a higher division, we would struggle
:? Ask the macc defence if they enjoyed playing against him today.IMO that was the best peacock and roberts have played together this season.Peacock recently has really changed my opinion of him he looks a totally different player
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:02:20 »

I dunno, i must have high standards. However Roberts had a number of good chances to score, and he never looked like burying them.  With the amount of chances we create in games in this season, im just surprised he doesnt have more goals.
sonic youth

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:02:57 »

P Smith - I shit myself when Murphy took him out, I had a nasty feeling he'd seriously injured himself. Solid as ever and brave to boot. 7

J Smith - Not his greatest performance, didn't get forward much and struggled to keep tabs on their left-winger. 6

Ifil - Aimless hoofs aside, absolutely spot on. One moment where he went walkabout and got caught out of position but that's forgivable. Excellent. 8

Williams Solid, dependable, influential. 7

Nicholas Defended admirably, attacked superbly, unfortunate not to score with that thumping header. 7

Shakes Remarkable improvement, some good crosses, some excellent runs, better first touch and a superbly taken goal. Nice moves as well. 8

Pook Struggled to get into the game in the first half but improved as the game went on, whenever he had the ball he used it wisely and showed some flashes of skill. 7

Timlin Much the same as Pook, his lack of a right foot infuriates me though. 7

Zaaboub Disappointing for Sofi, only turned it on for the last 15 minutes. Saw nothing of the ball in the first half. 6

Roberts Tortured the Macc defenders with his runs on the ball, bit too greedy at times but that's how it is with him. Decent penalty, wish he'd just thump it though. 7

Peacock Worked hard, gave the defence some problems and showed some good touches at times as well. Took his goal well. 8

Macclesfield won't go down.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:11:08 »

Roberts gets a 10 from me just because he flicked the away fans the bird before he took the corner leading up to our goal and then turned around and clapped them when we scored  

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
red macca

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:12:40 »

Seems like roberts gave them the finger today
 Cheesy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy played a belter and saved us from worsening our goal difference which may prove important! He crowned it all by saving from Christian Roberts much to our absolute delight. I'm sure you'll read more about this winker later on ... especially if he gets done for giving us the stiff-finger!

All in all their defence was just too well organised for us and we made little impact in their area.

Plenty more left to win though.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:15:32 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "StefPol"

:? Ask the macc defence if they enjoyed playing against him today.IMO that was the best peacock and roberts have played together this season.Peacock recently has really changed my opinion of him he looks a totally different player

Amen brother

was sat with a mate in a different part of the TE and I was impressed
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 23:18:08 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Seems like roberts gave them the finger today
 Cheesy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy played a belter and saved us from worsening our goal difference which may prove important! He crowned it all by saving from Christian Roberts much to our absolute delight. I'm sure you'll read more about this winker later on ... especially if he gets done for giving us the stiff-finger!

All in all their defence was just too well organised for us and we made little impact in their area.

Plenty more left to win though.

beat you to it  Tongue

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: