Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roberts - New Contract  (Read 1511 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:16:05 »

Roberts looking at signing a new contract. I would have been dissapointed if he left after we stuck by him during his problems...

http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=48406
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:22:46 »

Good news
Piemonte

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:44:56 »

Meeeeh.

I've become increasingly agravated by him in recent weeks. I believe after the palace game I was calling him "a disgrace to humanity" which upon reflection may have been a little harsh. but i was pissed.

Just wish he could be more consistant as we all know the talent is there.
mattboyslim

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:47:46 »

Agree Piemonte, he has real talent and is obviously confident at the moment, he knows where the net is, and offers a dgree of versatility, along with shakes the only pacy player we have.  I'm glad he wants the contract, it shows to me that he feels he owes it to the club, as opposed to us chasing him for a contract then him hanging us out to dry (Cough Mooney, cough O'Hanlon).  It's be interesting to see how a fully fit and with it Robbo did in League One?
red macca

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:50:00 »

If he was more consistent he would not be at the club.I dont think we have another player at the club who can change the game like he does.curtis weston has the ability to but the goals are not there when it comes to weston
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:50:35 »

Hopefully he will be a squad rotation player, as i don't think hes good enough for league 1 footy anymore - hes too inconsistent (thats if we get promoted of course)
red macca

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 09:55:33 »

IRC roberts best goalscoring season was in league one im sure he can score goals in that division
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 16:22:25 »

just wish he would pass the ball and not be so greedy
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 17:17:52 »

Quote from: "WHEELER"
just wish he would pass the ball and not be so greedy

Indeed, passing and more first touch efforts (like Sturrock's on Saturday, you know Roberts would have done some stupid stepovers before taking a shot from a wider angle)

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 17:50:51 »

Roberts is frustrating, but I've always liked players who for no apparent reason suddenly do something out of the ordinary, before lapsing into torpor.  So if the chavmeister signs up then I'll not complain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: