Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360 vs Playstation 3 (Advice needed techheads)  (Read 3493 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 27, 2007, 20:49:29 »

the ps3 is out on my bday, but im going to NYC 2weeks later, might just pick one up there if they are a reasonable price. all the games are region free, so its just a matter of getting a power convertor due to the different voltage.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 01:42:12 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
the ps3 is out on my bday, but im going to NYC 2weeks later, might just pick one up there if they are a reasonable price. all the games are region free, so its just a matter of getting a power convertor due to the different voltage.

Chubbs - they are $599 + tax (10% ish), so lets say thats about 350-400 quid at the current exchange rates. Stocks are still limited, but you may have more joy in NY than out here in the boonies.

Check out Best Buy and Circuit City as they are the two major retailers in the US.
flammableBen

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 03:03:30 »

I'd say leave both of them, at least till the price drops. If you're just interested in getting versions of pro evo / fifa / gta etc. then I wouldn't bother with the wii either because you ain't gonna get it. Infact I'd leave the Wii for a bit aswell, see how the next batch of games turn out. The rabbit game, Sports and Zelda are all ace, Red Steel is alright but from what I've played the single player is a bit linear. Be interesting to see how well the new mario, mario kart and all play.

In the mean time take advantage of your pc. Get yourself a snes emulator and thief some classic snes roms (here) - (chrono trigger, final fantasy 4-6, mario world, mario rpg, contra 3, terranigma, zelda 3, bagillions of them).

Go searching for torrents of playstation games cd images and play them with ePSXe (or one of the other emulators - chrono cross, ff7, ff8, thousands of em).

Find some old PC games you might not have  played - System Shock 2, Fallout 1/2, Deus Ex, Thief 1/2, Anachronox, Baldurs gate 1/2, Arx Fatalis, Wasteland. Even Quake I/II/III, Unreal Tournament, Half Life with all the add on stuff, etc. (The underdogs, abandonia, iso art).

Want some old school adventure games then there's ScummVM or check out some of the ags games (The XDAS series of games are all fucking ace)

The internet is a wealth of stuff to download and waste your time on. Want some multiplayer and got some old xbox controllers - find some old usb cables and do this.

I should really get a job.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 28, 2007, 07:26:14 »

Top stuff Ben, that Snes emulator is ace, i've been playing super mario world this morning Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: