Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Idiot Town fans.  (Read 2475 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 14:27:59 »

Weve always had our fair share of mentally ill retards on the road. But....

1. Dennis Wise "on a piece of string"
and
2. 'Were going up youre going bust'

Really are some of the most stupid chants Ive heard this year.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 14:38:01 »

Every following comes it with gay chants sometimes, thats not as bad as the start of the season with certain muppets giving it "we are invincible," however you can understand the sentiments towards wise. Besides, you can't really get all high and mighty when you bang on about young men dying in car crashes.
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 15:25:55 »

I was thinking about the Martin Aldridge whilst I was writing my post. And while it is totally sick. It is also witty and original. Not stupid in the slightest. I could sing it now, but I choose not to. It was part of a time and a place for me. I used to sing it, and enjoy it. Im not a hypocrite, and im not in denial about it. Its in the past.

I really cant get excited about Wise. He left partly because he was clearly disgusted with the whole Power/Devlin purge and rightly so. He left us for a bigger club, but that is football deal with it. He was absolutely spot on in his time at STFC, and brought in quality players for nothing. He raised expectations at the club. He looks like the fool now, not us. We got ourselves a superior manager! If he had left with Power still at the club then I would question him, but I was disgusted with what happened at the club in september, and I wouldnt have wanted anything to do with the current board either if I had seen that first hand.

Anyway, those 2 chants sounded inbred and clueless to me. Whats your signature - 'that's why we're champions' about anyway? Not jumping to conclusions, just asking.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 15:33:47 »

spoy on spencer, we do have idiot fans at times

Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 15:36:18 »

everyone does.

Besides, the chant at tank top was fucking funny. Nowhere near all bad.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 15:39:25 »

what was he thinking when he wore that to the game, then again I cant comment after gillingham and a discreat d and g jumper!

Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 15:47:09 »

D&G!  What next? Versace? Posh spices label?

I shouldnt complain about those chants. It was only a handful. I certainly wouldnt have swapped our supporters to those on our right hand side! 'We hate Swindon!'   And the 'Ooooh Rrrrr' farmer noises! Theres nothing but farms for 150 miles around Boston!

The whole thing was a bit of a circus. You can see they even struggle to take themselves seriously. That away end is totally wasted, up in the middle of nowhere at a joke football club. If we had that at Yeovil or Brentford or Bournemouth or Jills it would be off the head.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 15:49:43 »

true, spencer you hated boston what with small roads, small curbs, small club rant

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 16:58:16 »

We have stupid fans, but that's part of football. It happens everywhere.
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:05:59 »

makes you laugh doesnt it? i remember during the fa cup game v carlisle half the town end were chanting "fuck off back to scotland" to the carlisle fans up in the north stand whilst sturrock was directing proceedings from the touchline. genius.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 18:25:56 »

or shouting 'ahhh fuck off you dirty sheep shaggers' as Christian Roberts puts us 1-0 up from the spot against Wrexham  :roll:
BB12

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 21:40:24 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
I really cant get excited about Wise. He left partly because he was clearly disgusted with the whole Power/Devlin purge and rightly so. He left us for a bigger club, but that is football deal with it. He was absolutely spot on in his time at STFC, and brought in quality players for nothing. He raised expectations at the club. He looks like the fool now, not us. We got ourselves a superior manager! If he had left with Power still at the club then I would question him, but I was disgusted with what happened at the club in september, and I wouldnt have wanted anything to do with the current board either if I had seen that first hand.

That's the most sensible post I've ever read on the matter.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 21:42:10 »

I had a very similar discussion with a Leeds fan in the pub today. He's not too hopeful about staying up either, so I guess it's all good.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 21, 2007, 22:10:54 »

Quote from: "BB12"

I agree. I thought I was the only one that didn't absolutely hate Wise...
A lot of Swindon fans seem to have got the impression that everybody who leaves us by choice is instantly an insane piece of **** off the bottom of their shoe
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 22, 2007, 05:24:46 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "BB12"

I agree. I thought I was the only one that didn't absolutely hate Wise...
A lot of Swindon fans seem to have got the impression that everybody who leaves us by choice is instantly an insane piece of **** off the bottom of their shoe

Slightly unfair. People don't hate Parkin for going, do they?

The reason people dislike the pygmy so much is because of his comments when he was unveiled as our manager and the speed at which he seemed to forget those comments and fuck off as soon as a big club came in for him.

As for him being disgusted, he was the manager, it was his job to manage the team, not get involved in the politics. He was given a good playing budget (For this league) better than most.

He had a really good chance of winning something here and building a good reputation. Instead, he'll be remembered as the manager who took leeds to third tier football.....Hopefully.

No I don't like him. He bigs up his morality and honesty, but is just the same as all the other greedy bastards in football (With a few exceptions).

'I want to learn from the bottom' ?

Cunt.........

It's All Good..............
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: