Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power's amazing offer on ground  (Read 12942 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:05:15 »

Bill Power has backed the Trust's ground redevelopment plans and pledged that if they get the go-ahead, he would not only help fund the start-up but also would not take a profit from it, ploughing the money back into the club instead, and would ensure all future revenues from associated facilities would be ringfenced for the club. It's a pretty amazing offer!

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/news_item.php?id=1021

Makes it all the more important people keep showing their support for the consortium - bring lots of orange on Saturday, chaps!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:08:26 »

:shock:

Nice offer!
Scot Munroe

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:11:11 »

Nice pics
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/CG/Still-1.jpg
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/CG/Still-2.jpg
http://www.truststfc.co.uk/CG/Still-3.jpg
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:19:00 »

Hmm, I might have to borrow more Orangey things.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:20:04 »

Bill Power is a fucking top top bloke and thats a massive step towards the redevelopment of the CC.

Also looking at those pics from the design (which looks very much like the Clubs plans too Wink ) i take it the North Stand would stay and we would build the townend & Bank similar to the Southstand but all the way round?

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:23:38 »

yes, that was the idea.  The Arkells can be developed in the future if ever need be.  The Stratton Bank end could be slightly reduced like Forest's Ground if the height issue ever did cause a problem at planning (it was never taken that far before so a full height stand may well pass).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:25:15 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
Bill Power is a fucking top top bloke and thats a massive step towards the redevelopment of the CC.

Also looking at those pics from the design (which looks very much like the Clubs plans too Wink ) i take it the North Stand would stay and we would build the townend & Bank similar to the Southstand but all the way round?

Yes, although there'd be an outward expansion of footprint of the North Stand to accomodate space needed for extra facilities - may have to leave the ground floor as a walkway in which case the floors above would effectively make a covered walkway.

Also it may be necessary to slope the built-up Stratton Bank (I think Forest have a similar end) so that we don't leave Shrivvy Road in total darkness!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:25:32 »

The takeover simply can't not happen - If you see what I mean :?

Do I see executive boxes?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:25:50 »

i was thinking we might adobt a similar apprach to NF for the Bank as the residents behind there might not like a full height stand.

i think it would look pretty smart tbh.
And the North Stand has so much potential it just needs a lot of tlc

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:27:25 »

sounds great but,why would he want to do this for swindon town and not qpr his supported club?
seems a massive commitment to me and the sceptic i am has me wondering
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:30:36 »

Because it would cost him in excess of about £8m just to get a majority shareholding at QPR, let alone the money needed to find and develop a new ground in London (not much room at Loftus).
mattboyslim

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:31:19 »

I assume an important thing would be to have some hospitality in the new stands, ie some glass boxes because the current C and B facilites ar epretty average, and the old additional income streams are all important these days.
mattboyslim

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:32:10 »

Just seen them at the top of the stands, nice!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:32:28 »

i get the impression he has a soft spot for us after the overwhelming support we gave him after the plane crash and after he origionally left the club.

i see it as his was of finishing something he started and repaying us as fans for the support we showed him and his family

fatbury

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:38:47 »

Beautiful plans .. Beautiful offer .. I do think the SB end might have some difficulties with local residents but the idea in principle is the right one ... Power IN Diamandis OUT!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: