Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whalley  (Read 5463 times)
Amir

« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 11:34:26 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Also this makes him no different to ruddock in my opinion

The difference I see there is that Ruddock should be much wealthier an individual due to the level he played his career at, so he should have been able to cut the club a bit of slack.

The problem with Whalley is that he probably doesn't think he'll be able to get a contract anywhere else that will fill the gap between what the club are offering, and what he'll get if he stays.
mattboyslim

« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 11:34:41 »

Chalky White used to sell programmes when he was injured back in the early 90s! what a legend.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 11:35:35 »

apparantly he has to travel to get here.life could be made difficult for him couldn't it?
all this has made me think.kingy was usually quite carefull with the  contracts given out.why was whalley given 3 years in the first place?
maybe just maybe the manager-agent bung thing could have been a factor?
could kingy have coined it in?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 11:36:44 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Looks like its not the whole of the contract that the club are offering him, so to be honest I would do the same thing. If they offer him all the money that he would earn for the remainder of his contract then he probably would leave.
but what would be the point of that
Come on Macca! Its a bit like the whole Bank charges thing. If they offer you £500 when they should pay you a £1000 you arent going to accept it are you?!?!?!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 11:41:58 »

Looks like its not the whole of the contract that the club are offering him, so to be honest I would do the same thing. If they offer him all the money that he would earn for the remainder of his contract then he probably would leave.
Come on Macca! Its a bit like the whole Bank charges thing. If they offer you £500 when they should pay you a £1000 you arent going to accept it are you?!?!?!

Disagree with both Will and Arriba if you genuinely enjoy playing football then you should want to go somewhere else and play, maybe a good time for him to start his coaching badges.  In the same position I would of accepted the offer purely because I wouldnt want to stay somewhere I wasnt wanted  :nono:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 11:48:40 »

Quote from: "arriba"
apparantly he has to travel to get here.life could be made difficult for him couldn't it?
all this has made me think.kingy was usually quite carefull with the  contracts given out.why was whalley given 3 years in the first place?
maybe just maybe the manager-agent bung thing could have been a factor?
could kingy have coined it in?

My memory, was that everybody recognised we needed a mid field playmaker, AK had gone for several players....Paul Smith being one, the boy Tudur Jones another, perhaps Kinsella, we couldn't get any of them as other clubs were offering better terms.

So it started to look a bit of a problem to get anyone in.....King had enquired about Whalley and he'd apparently been offered 2 years again on  better terms by Grimsby....he had a house in  Cardiff, which King hoped might sway his decision, so  I suppose the 3 year offer was to top Grimsby
Bartek

« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 12:11:14 »

Guys , he is a 'grandpa' (33 y.o) . Is he a notable player of Swindon ?
If not , I'd sell him as fast as possible to get some money and bring some fresh , young midfielder....
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 12:31:04 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

Disagree with both Will and Arriba if you genuinely enjoy playing football then you should want to go somewhere else and play, maybe a good time for him to start his coaching badges.  In the same position I would of accepted the offer purely because I wouldnt want to stay somewhere I wasnt wanted  :nono:
Dont be daft dave. If your job said, "ok WE know you have a contract with us for the next year but we want to let you go now, but we only want to pay you half of what you are entitled to" You would not accept it.

PS do some work for a change

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 12:42:50 »

Exactly STA . He doesn't owe us anything.
red macca

« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 12:54:04 »

Quote from: "Batch"
he owes us a performance
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:04:29 »

he owes us a performance

He played quite well against Yeovil away last season if that helps?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:05:00 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Chalky White used to sell programmes when he was injured back in the early 90s! what a legend.

This sort of thing should eb brought back, like how allen made teh players paint their training ground, make the club more in touch with fans, I think it shoudl be brought back

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:07:09 »

he owes us a performance
Not arguing that fact. Id quite happy to see the back of him. But Its unreasonable to expect him to take less than he is owed in terms of a payoff

mattboyslim

« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:14:12 »

I think the point of a pay off it is mutually acceptable, we pay him a chunk of his money over time, allowing him to pursue first team football elsewhere.  Obviously he can rot in the reserves here for full pay or take a payoff and try and find another club where he could make up the shortfall in wages and actually play some football.  I guess the key negotiaition is the structure of the pay off and how large a % of his salary it is.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 29, 2006, 13:19:31 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"

Dont be daft dave. If your job said, "ok WE know you have a contract with us for the next year but we want to let you go now, but we only want to pay you half of what you are entitled to" You would not accept it.

PS do some work for a change

To be entitled to it though dont you have to do your job to an acceptable standard?? anyone that can claim to understand his decision is crazy he has been mediocre for us and should of agreed the compensation out of ambarassment for the way he has performed for us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: