Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PICTURE :New Sign above the Town End  (Read 7708 times)
STFC_Gazza

« on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 19:57:39 »

FINALLY... There is a new sign above the Town End entrance that says HOME OF SWINDON TOWN F.C and the badge. looks nice!

Just need a brick wall around the ground now  Wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/gary_stanley_uk/newsign.jpg
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 23, 2006, 17:14:37 »

haha if u ask me it looks shit n tacky
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 23, 2006, 17:17:56 »

What are you on about that looks quality, in years to come that could rival the legendary Anfield Gates.

I especially like the Strictly no parking sign, the E2 black little number and the boarded up windows.   Great work.  Oh and the barbed wire, nice touch.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 09:30:04 »

Money well spent :-))(

Could have paid for a loan signing probably!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 09:30:34 »

i like it. :|
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 10:55:18 »

Is this part of the Luggy getting his hands dirty scenario?   In one of his statements somewhere, he says the ground as well as the club feels tired...and that some cosmetic changes will be happening.

All well and good, but it is such a valid point.....we know we need a redevelopment, but it is still a long way off.....and the current set up could be tidied up without vast expenditure, although some costs would be involved.

Although I'm sure a whip round for a Gary Stanley memorial wall, might raise 3 and 6 pence on TEF....its not strictly necessary.

Here's a few random things which annoy me....and would be good to sort.

Floodlight bulbs......I've raised this at AGM's and forums, to be told that even with several bulbs missing, we meet the criteria to play, maybe so but I've a job seeing the SB from the TE too clearly.

Tannoy.....never works, should be fixed.....Health and Safety.  

The enclosure seats in the Arkells.....why oh why  weren't they built the length of the rest of seating,  the water butts and and laundry are an eyesore, and look tacky.

Could this be sorted.

The corner of the Stratton bank and Nationwide is a right mess,  the old gates and turnstyle facade a festering heap.....couldn't some  practical use be found for this patch?

Advertising boards, its hardly surprixing there are few takers for these, as its money down the drain.....but the mish mash of odd takers and empty spaces is a mess, surely better to put them all in one place and  ditch the rest.

Back to the floodlights....with new grounds etc....could these be the oldest example of English football ground floodlights......could we get them listed by English Heritage, and so get some grant money for maintainance?

I'm sure others may have ideas....especially for match days. Years back for example there were flag poles on the Shrivenham Road and Bank.....and flags would be flown on match  day.....if you were unsure if the game was on, in the days before local radio internet etc, you had to go to the ground and see if the flags were up.

Mex could be made match day flag monitor.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:01:56 »

I like the flag idea Reg, when the flags are up it's time to get to the CG.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:27:34 »

Quote from: "janaage"

These corny things all add to the match day ritual......Sturrock is right, that the club feels tired and it shows.  There is little or no leadership from the top, a demoralised workforce...and a disengaged fan base.   It could be so much better.
Sharky

« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:35:22 »

Love the flags idea - someone get onto the club about it and get it sorted.
TalkTalk

« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:36:48 »

Quote from: "janaage"

I've had this discussion about the flagpoles/flags behind the Bank (and the one over the TE) with Ron Topp for L&P.

They are not used because they have fixed mounts at the top of the poles. Which means you have to take the bastards down to put the flags up and vice-versa.

I offered to buy the rotary mounts, pulleys, rope, cleats etc for them and Ron was happy with that - taking them down once to get them kitted up.

It will have to wait until after Christmas though as I'm skinter than Mr Skint until February.

Oh and we will get matching flags made as well. Might have to dip into L&P funds for those if the committee agrees.

Anybody got any ideas for the flags? I thought:

Union Jack - L&P Logo - STFC Logo -  Huh? - St Georges Cross (SB)
STFC Logo (TE)

Unless Reg can remember what used to be up there?
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:38:51 »

there was a  premier league logo
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:40:52 »

How about flags with old STFC club badges on them.  Would mean more to the average fan than a Union Jack or L&P Logo.

Let's make the flags about the club and town, something unique to STFC, and the old badges would fit that criteria well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:55:02 »

Excellent stuff  

JA like your idea.....but if L and P pay for the poles then I guess that buys them the right to a flag....maybe TEF could have a flag.

Q and A would be looking for a Wessex Wyvern

http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Wyvern.JPG
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 11:58:45 »

Yeah have a flag dedicated to L&P (central one maybe) but I do think it'd be a nice touch to see the old bages fluttering in the wind on match days.
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 24, 2006, 12:02:21 »

i want a flag with my face on it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: