Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adie Williams Factor  (Read 2198 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 13:17:39 »

Great result Saturday I was absolutely delighted think one of our best performances of the season, it was noticeable how much more organised we were with a manager and the football was quite exciting at times, like it when we get the ball wide quickly and keep putting crosses in.

But I also dont think we can underestimate the impact Adie had on his return to the team.  It was refreshing to have a captain back in there shouting encouragement and organising the backline, Ifil was a 100 times better than the week before as Adie keeps talking him through everything.  As much as I didnt rate Adie as a manager I think he is a key player for us and will be a big factor in us getting promotion.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 13:22:34 »

Is it like the X factor?
Northern Red

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 13:41:30 »

Defence was good on Saturday. The worst thing Adie did as our manager was drop himself!
sonic youth

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:03:31 »

absolutely agree. he's the defensive partner that ifil's needed for a long time - the difference is huge.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:06:15 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
absolutely agree. he's the defensive partner that ifil's needed for a long time - the difference is huge.

Which is a shame because Adie Williams will prossibly retire at the end of the season and Jerel Ifil's form will attract bigger clubs in the summer.
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:07:21 »

bah, piss on my parade why don't you?

i think ady could continue for another season although would struggle a little at league one level. would make great backup though, it's always good to have a seasoned veteran around the club imo.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:11:27 »

i think ady could continue for another season although would struggle a little at league one level. would make great backup though, it's always good to have a seasoned veteran around the club imo.

Played pretty well in the last six months of the Championship last season for Coventry.
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:13:47 »

I loved it when he went mental at the ref about something - it showed how much he is willing to put in under Sturrock and allayed any fears that he wont play so hard and so well .. good captain! and even tho I didnt think he was the right choice for manager - maybe one day Ady!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:17:49 »

My apologies... I annoyed myself writing it... Hmmm.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:23:11 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I loved it when he went mental at the ref about something - it showed how much he is willing to put in under Sturrock and allayed any fears that he wont play so hard and so well .. good captain! and even tho I didnt think he was the right choice for manager - maybe one day Ady!

I agree was one of my favourite moments of the game they fouled two of our players on the half way line and he went mental shouted at linesman & ref and then argued with there manager, was just looking out for our younger players, spot on hes an awesome captain  Yes
Scot Munroe

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:28:01 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "fatbury"

I agree was one of my favourite moments of the game they fouled two of our players on the half way line and he went mental shouted at linesman & ref and then argued with there manager, was just looking out for our younger players, spot on hes an awesome captain  Yes

That one of my favourite moments as well. When he went up to the ref who was shit you can see the passion and the commitment in him. Loved the way he threw his hand into the direction at the ref though. Fair play to him he is great captain he is a leader.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:43:11 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"
Loved the way he threw his hand into the direction at the ref though.

Adi Williams in false hand shocker!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: