Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Hereford Prematch Views  (Read 2260 times)
fatbury

« on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 14:13:59 »

Havent beaten them for 21 years in the League.

However thats because we havent played them ..last league match was at home in Dec 85 - beat them 1-0 with a late Charlie Henry effort ..

We did of course beat them in the FA Cup in 2001 - 3-2!

Both these times the crowd was well in the 7000s .. so lets hope we can make it 3 out of 3 in both of these with a win and a 7000 plus crowd ..

Expected team that I think Ady will go with is

Lonergan
Smith Ifil Nicho Vincent
Brownlie Weston Pook Brown
Peacock(c) Onibuje

Subs Evans Roberts Smith Shakes Williams himself

Ill be in the Merlin for prematch chat, dodgy cheeseburgers and general fun and frivolity at approx 1230 .. Fulham v Everton is the live game at 1245  - makes a change .. no Birmingham or Liverpool this week!

All welcome - See you there! Beers  Wink
jim

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 14:19:44 »

I thought Weston was suspended - others have said so.

Expect Evans back in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 14:23:45 »

Don't like Brownlie on the wing and actually prefer Shakes there. I'd like to see Fola or Rhodes there but aren't they both left sided players?

Weston is suspended. Evo has been out for ages, wouldn't expect him to start, we will probably see a midfield duo of Whalley and Pook Sad

My staring 11
Code:

Smith
Smith           Ifil                Williams           Vincent
Rhodes             Pook         Evo                    Brown
                       Fola         Peacock

Predicted starting 11:
Code:

Lonergan
Smith           Ifil                Nicho          Vincent
Brownlie           Pook         Whalley                    Brown
                       Fola         Peacock
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 14:38:20 »

Smith
Smith Smith Smith Smith
Smith Smith Smith Smith
          Smith Smith

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 14:53:48 »

My team would be ....

Code:

Lonergan
Smith           Ifil              Nicho        Vincent
Shakes          Evans             Pook         Brown
                   Peacock      Rhodes

Subs:
Smith
Williams
Whalley
Brownlie
Onibuje
mattboyslim

« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 15:01:20 »

I expect it'll be like Batch said but with Lonergan in goal, I'd like:

P Smith

J Smith
Ifil
Williams
Nicho

Shakes
Evans
Pook
Rhodes

Peaock
Onbuje

I thought both Brown and Vicent were very mediocre on saturday, and with Weston suspended I'd expect either Evans or Whalley to return to the centre.  I hope Williams plays as he's been immense this year,a nd Nicho earned a stay in teh said last week, IMHO at the expense of vincent.

It'd be nice to see a burst of Roberts towards the end if he's fit though.
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 15:05:49 »

Quote from: "jim"
I thought Weston was suspended - others have said so.

Expect Evans back in.

No mention of it on the team news for tomorrow .. or any official confirmation .. I think hes ok .. I only had him down for 4 yellows anyway

EDIT : Just checked soccerbase.com .. 5 yellow cards .. typical of the official website not to mention it! Who the hell edits that thing!! I guess Whalley might get in then? Dont think Evans if fit enough for 90 mins yet - EDIT 2 - GOD AND I FORGOT RHODES!! ..
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 15:54:35 »

I can't be bothered to type out an entire team but Phil Smith should start in goal, it would be very harsh if he was dropped for the new lad.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 16:30:52 »

I agree that it would be extemely harsh for Smith to be benched but from what I have read, it looks like Preston only loaned him out on the basis that he would get first team action. That's fair enough I suppose as he could just as easily sit on their bench as ours.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 16:40:20 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"

P Smith

J Smith
Ifil
Williams
Nicho

Shakes
Evans
Pook
Rhodes

Peaock
Onbuje

I thought both Brown and Vicent were very mediocre on saturday, and with Weston suspended I'd expect either Evans or Whalley to return to the centre.  I hope Williams plays as he's been immense this year,a nd Nicho earned a stay in teh said last week, IMHO at the expense of vincent.

Cant start with Williams in my opinion hes been immense this year but we saw first hand last week when he has to think about managing as well his heads not right and makes mistakes so would have to be Nicho and Ifil, reckon we will win in Williams last game in charge then we will appoint someone new next week (hopefully Sturrock or Nijholt) and be flying by the cup game against Carlisle next week.......I know I live in a dream world!!  Shrug
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 17:18:13 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "mattboyslim"

P Smith

J Smith
Ifil
Williams
Nicho

Shakes
Evans
Pook
Rhodes

Peaock
Onbuje

Cant start with Williams in my opinion hes been immense this year but we saw first hand last week when he has to think about managing as well his heads not right and makes mistakes so would have to be Nicho and Ifil, reckon we will win in Williams last game in charge then we will appoint someone new next week (hopefully Sturrock or Nijholt) and be flying by the cup game against Carlisle next week.......I know I live in a dream world!!  Shrug

do some work you pikey!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
sonic youth

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 17:23:51 »

Personally I’d line up like this:

Code:

P Smith

J Smith     Ifil     Williams     Nicholas

Shakes      Evans    Pook         Rhodes

Peacock  Brownlie

subs:
Lonergan
Vincent
Brown
Whalley
Onibuje

Williams must remain at the heart of the defence as he needs to guide Ifil, who will need to be on top form to deal with the pace of Fleetwood. Nicholas deserves a starting berth at left-back following his performance last week and the average form shown by Vincent.

We miss Evans' steel and influence in midfield, not to mention his goals. Even if not fully fit, if we start him we can always take him off after 60 odd minutes as he’s got a week to recover. Weston is more deserving of a place than Pook but retains his spot due to Curtis' suspension. Rhodes needs to be given a chance so slot him in on the left-wing, although pushing on and cutting inside when necessary. Shakes, for all his faults, is excellent defensively which is why Smith is allowed to get forward so much - they're a good partnership.

Peacock's work rate and leadership makes him worthwhile up front and I fully believe Brownlie is the best finisher at the club, following last week's atrocious finishing by Fola he needs a chance as a striker.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 17:26:22 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Personally I’d line up like this:

Code:

P Smith

J Smith     Ifil     Williams     Nicholas

Shakes      Evans    Pook         Rhodes

Peacock  Brownlie

subs:
Lonergan
Vincent
Brown
Whalley
Onibuje

Williams must remain at the heart of the defence as he needs to guide Ifil, who will need to be on top form to deal with the pace of Fleetwood. Nicholas deserves a starting berth at left-back following his performance last week and the average form shown by Vincent.

We miss Evans' steel and influence in midfield, not to mention his goals. Even if not fully fit, if we start him we can always take him off after 60 odd minutes as he’s got a week to recover. Weston is more deserving of a place than Pook but retains his spot due to Curtis' suspension. Rhodes needs to be given a chance so slot him in on the left-wing, although pushing on and cutting inside when necessary. Shakes, for all his faults, is excellent defensively which is why Smith is allowed to get forward so much - they're a good partnership.

Peacock's work rate and leadership makes him worthwhile up front and I fully believe Brownlie is the best finisher at the club, following last week's atrocious finishing by Fola he needs a chance as a striker.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 17:27:21 »

Why you laughing? He's spot on.
sonic youth

« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 3, 2006, 17:28:51 »

has he ever been anything but solid when he's played right-back?

no, he hasn't.

has he ever left smith exposed like monkhouse and brown often do to vincent?

no, he hasn't.

if you've got anything worthwhile to say then feel free. i doubt you do.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: