Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally ive stepped up in the world!  (Read 3150 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 12:22:19 »

to FM 2005! arrived in the post today due to me subscribing to STFC World.  Cheesy well, i have my afternoon planned.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 12:28:09 »

You might find it hard to adjust. My dad still plays 97/98 I think. I put the new FM on his computer but he didn't like it because it was too 'complex' for him

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 12:38:23 »

im slowly getting the hang of it. anyone has any suggestions for players with a budget of 30k?
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 13:00:31 »

Andy Robinson  - Attacking Midfielder (Right) from Forrest i think. He is under 10k and is exactly what swindon need on the game coz they have noone for right midfield (unless you play duke, igoe or s robinson who are all out of position, or ashan holgate who is shit). He is a fairly decent player who should get a good average - but he scores shit loads of free kicks. Buy him!

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 13:12:05 »

thankyou Mr Bob.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 13:14:15 »

i have found a andy robinson who plays for swansea and is 35k  Crying
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 13:44:43 »

Advice i gave on the FM2005 progress thread:

Howard, Evans & Parkin are the best STFC players in my opinion, give them long term contracts with high release clauses (if they want them) as soon as possible.

Migz, Dukey, Fallon & Heywood are pretty good too.

Sell Hewlett, Smith, O'hanlon & possibly Igoe

Sign a right winger, Igoe is shite on the wing. I went for Stuart Green from Hull for £30k - he did pretty well.

sign Lee Briscoe & david perpetuini on free transfers

play 4-4-2

Trevor Benjamin and Tony Dinning were cracking signings in the first season and were less than £20k each if you can generate some more transfer fundage
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 14:29:14 »

righteo, will do!
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 15:09:09 »

Maybe that andy robinson has already signed for swansea? I dunno. But some of piemonte's advice is wrong. Whatever you do DONT SELL IGOE!!  If you play him in the attacking midfield position, just behind the strikers, and give him a free role, he turns into the best player for swindon. He got player of the year for league 1 in my first season and an average rating of about 8.20 come the end of the season. Also scores a few.

Parkin is brilliant - put a massive release clause on him, like over 3 mil - he scored 28 goals before xmas for me but had to sell him to millwall coz he had a 1.1mil min fee clause.

And O'Hanlon is bloody brilliant in right defence. It saves you having to buy another player in that position.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 15:21:00 »

Bob may have a point, I didnt play Igoe "in the hole" as it didnt fit in with my tactical masterplan.

I didnt play O'hanlon at all and he dosnt look that bad at league one level, I got £70k for him (from Osasuna WTF???) that was invested in Benjamin & Dinning who are much better players.

Parkin is god though. Do ANYTHING to keep him. He scored 37 goals from 41 starts in my championship winning season and is worth over £3m now.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 15:29:53 »

Igoe got a rating of 7.70 for me in the championship with 9 goals from 40 starts but only 6.67 in league one so it definitely depends how you play him.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 15:40:01 »

O'Hanlon has helped me to 7th in the premiership with 4 games left, I play him in central defence. He's  got an average rating of 7.26 from 35 games which is one of the best this year although most of the team have around the same. He was ever present in the championship and league one too and got ratings of 7.22 and 7.39. He's still only on 2k a week but he's worth 1.8 million.

Evans, Parkin if possible, O'Hanlon, Kyle Lapham and Migs are all worth keeping.
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 15:43:34 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
O'Hanlon has helped me to 7th in the premiership with 4 games left, I play him in central defence. He's  got an average rating of 7.26 from 35 games which is one of the best this year although most of the team have around the same. He was ever present in the chapionship and league one too and got ratings of 7.22 and 7.39. He's still only on 2k a week but he's worth 1.8 million.

Really? I wouldnt have thought he's be able to hack it at that level. I kept track of him on my game and he didnt improve at all. Fair play though.

Maybe he has some random statage

The only survivors from the start of the game in my championship winning squad were Parkin, Howard & Evans.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:15:09 »

Him and Evans are the only ever present players for three seasons.  He's also my captain. His stats aren't that great but he's still doing well and has superb morale and he's never asked for a wage rise.

Maybe he just likes the formation, at the moment he's playing in front of my sweeper Chus Bravo in a 5-4-1
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 17, 2005, 16:17:09 »

well i got christian roberts!  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: