Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protests?  (Read 8792 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 23:01:20 »

Do what the fuck you like Yeovil. I think we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. If people can't be bothered to protest I don't think it will do any more/less.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 23:03:14 »

If the club folds this season it gives me greater reason to buy my Reading ticket. I might even buy a shirt and possible a scarf, although I don't think I'd wear the scarf.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 23:03:42 »

hahah thats a very fiesty answer.

/
W56196272
Spencer_White

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 23:04:37 »

If the fans turn then the management goes. End of.

Where that leaves us fuck knows, so like you say who knows what is best. But they cannot stay if the fans act with any sort of cohesion.
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #64 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:09:04 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Alternatively, the following could happen

meanwhile, the current board follow through with their threats and pull which leads to bill power suddenly deciding that he is well enough to return to the club and takes over complete control from the wills family. we go onto become a low-to-midtable championship club with vague aspirations of a premiership return.

Well said, Power didn't get on with some of the directors, its pretty obvious as its not the first time this has happened! I remember when Honda wanted to invest serious money (around 25million) but the board rejected it because Honda wanted to change to many things. The directors are just happy to take their cut at the end of each season, we will remain a small club until someone realises the potential of this town.

SN4
Piemonte

« Reply #65 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:13:44 »

I'm sure Reg will be on to comment on the Honda link years ago.  As far as I'm aware there is no actual evidence that it happened, just seems to be some kind of urban legend.
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #66 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:14:54 »

Oh it happened, trust me...

SN4
Piemonte

« Reply #67 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:19:52 »

As for the protest - I'm not sure.

Whatever anyone says about the Wills / Diamandis / dunwoody partnership (and thats a lot) at least the Wills bankroll the clubs losses.  

Its pretty obvious to say that if they pull out totally (even if they sell the club for a pound) without the financial backing of someone else the club will go bust. And go bust sooner rather than later.

So its a gamble, and a big one at that.  Frankly if the situation worked out in our (the fans) favour then we'd all be pretty happy. And by that I mean someone with more accumen and some money to invest buys the club.  If that didnt happen we'll all be supporting supermarine.
Piemonte

« Reply #68 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:21:37 »

Quote from: "Duncan_Shearer"

SN4

I seem to be saying this a lot on here of late - prove it.

And thats not a personal attack on you, I just dont believe anything at all regarding STFC anymore.
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #69 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:22:26 »

Your probably to young mate, i don't hold that against you.

SN4
Piemonte

« Reply #70 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:26:08 »

I think you are old and senile with a rose tinted view of the past, but I wont hold that against you either Cool
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #71 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:28:48 »

Touche.

SN4
crows

« Reply #72 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 15:50:02 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
As for the protest - I'm not sure.

Whatever anyone says about the Wills / Diamandis / dunwoody partnership (and thats a lot) at least the Wills bankroll the clubs losses.  

Its pretty obvious to say that if they pull out totally (even if they sell the club for a pound) without the financial backing of someone else the club will go bust. And go bust sooner rather than later.

So its a gamble, and a big one at that.  Frankly if the situation worked out in our (the fans) favour then we'd all be pretty happy. And by that I mean someone with more accumen and some money to invest buys the club. If that didnt happen we'll all be supporting supermarine.

...which will be the fault of the protest. I don't like this idea of a gamble. How many gambles have paid off for us recently!

Basically we're fucked if we do, we're fucked if we don't. Which is so fucking shit it's untrue!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:08:54 »

Quote from: "Duncan_Shearer"

SN4

:wall:  floghorse
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 16:10:34 »