Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protests?  (Read 8776 times)
mr ian

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:54:43 »

swhat im trying to say
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:55:25 »

Quote from: "Duncan_Shearer"
I think 90% of swindon fans want this board out. Power only fucked of because of certain members and not because of his injuries.

The split is not in who wants the Board out, I think that's nearer 100%. The split is between those who understand the importance of getting right behind the team in what is a huge game for the club and the clowns who think it's a really good idea to protest during the game because they have a dry roasted peanut where their fucking brains should be :?
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 10:57:47 »

Barry Scott

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:07:00 »

I think 90% of swindon fans want this board out. Power only fucked of because of certain members and not because of his injuries.

You know fuck all oh wise one.  :? What are you a board member? No.

Disruption we don't need, speculation is annoying. Get behind the team and stop adding fuel to a fire when clueless about it is origin.
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:09:29 »

Do one Barry, you ain't got a clue.

SN4
spacey

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:18:26 »

Quote from: "pauld"
If there are to be protests, FFS keep them away from the game. While the team are on the pitch, the only thing we should be doing is giving the lads 110% backing to get three points off Lincoln.

Swindon Town supporters were today bracing themselves for an exhausting Saturday afternoon when Trust spokesman Paul Davis called for them to give the team 110% support at the home game against Lincoln. The club had enjoyed a steady 100% support up until some pre match comments by Andy King prior to them playing Leeds in the Carling cup in 2003, King called upon the Town faithful to give the team 101%. Davis' comments have been met with a mixed response from Town fans, one supporter said " I'd always managed to give 100% no problem but then King raised it to 101%. It's a small increase but I was exhausted after that Leeds game especially as there was about 15 minutes of injury time, extra time and the penalties. Now were asked to give 110%, that's a whopping 9% increase! where will it end? It only takes a new manager to come in and it'll go up to 120%."
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:19:33 »

I hope to god any anti board stuff is kept away from the game tomorrow.  Support of the team is more important than ever given the shit in the background.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:23:37 »

Thats 2 of you now...I kow its been a long week but I'm sure todays Thursday and I'm sure the game is the day after tomorrow.

Lets do the sack the board malarkie at the AGM - not that the directors have the bollocks to stand up to the shareholders. Lets sing our hearts out louder than we ever bloody have come 3pm.
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:27:48 »

http://www.phespirit.info/fatherted/images/episode_03.jpg

The board is perhaps not the correct turn of phrase, Dunwoody Out would be more appropriate.  Calling for the board has been interpreted as calling for the Wills’ head.  Don't forget that 'the board' includes James Wills who represents his Father's interests and wee Willie who has his uses.  

Protests are unlikely to achieve anything anyway.  Unless the Wills choose to sever ties with Diamandis and Dunwoody then short of buying a large stake in the club and asking some pertinent questions there’s nothing really that can be done.  Plus I’d rather see everyone 100% behind the team on Saturday and get 3 points, don’t give them the excuse.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:32:39 »

Quote from: "spacey"
Quote from: "pauld"
If there are to be protests, FFS keep them away from the game. While the team are on the pitch, the only thing we should be doing is giving the lads 110% backing to get three points off Lincoln.

Swindon Town supporters were today bracing themselves for an exhausting Saturday afternoon when Trust spokesman Paul Davis called for them to give the team 110% support at the home game against Lincoln. The club had enjoyed a steady 100% support up until some pre match comments by Andy King prior to them playing Leeds in the Carling cup in 2003, King called upon the Town faithful to give the team 101%. Davis' comments have been met with a mixed response from Town fans, one supporter said " I'd always managed to give 100% no problem but then King raised it to 101%. It's a small increase but I was exhausted after that Leeds game especially as there was about 15 minutes of injury time, extra time and the penalties. Now were asked to give 110%, that's a whopping 9% increase! where will it end? It only takes a new manager to come in and it'll go up to 120%."

Nice one! Cheesy I shall be issuing a statement condeming myself shortly!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:33:31 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Thats 2 of you now...I kow its been a long week but I'm sure todays Thursday and I'm sure the game is the day after tomorrow.

Lets do the sack the board malarkie at the AGM - not that the directors have the bollocks to stand up to the shareholders. Lets sing our hearts out louder than we ever bloody have come 3pm.

Fuck, I knew I was feeling bad and now I have a whole new working day to consider tomorrow.  How dare they plant a Friday in between Thursday and Saturday, the fuckers are playing with my mind.

Actually, I don't want any protests tomorrow, I can't make them being at work Wink
Barry Scott

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 11:50:22 »

Do one Barry, you ain't got a clue.

SN4

Feel free to enlighten me then fuckface?

What i'm saying is you don't know 90% of fans so how can you talk for them?

Also you have not one fucking idea about what goes on in the boardroom. What you are doing is letting off steam because you are hurt by what has happened.

Because you don't know, you just come to a, perhaps logical, conclusion and explain to everyone that you are right.

The simple fact is, you, me and the majority of others know fuck all.

If we build this up, get ourselves a bit hot under the collar and then voice this full of vitriol we only lower the tone. Doing this brings others down, and makes everything worse.

I want to stay happy and positive, i know our team can do well this season, i refuse to jeopardise this with inane protests and the like. If our season goes down the pan following protests and booing and other bollocks, i won't see the blame lying at the board’s door. They could be the root cause, but sure as hell they won't be calling for people's heads and lowering morale at the pitch side

We can still save this season. We are third, we are playing well, and we are fit. If we as fans start getting above our stations and acting like we know the whole story, and then take it out on the board, how do you think the players will feel?

I don't think the players will laugh, thank the fans then win every game to show their appreciation.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 12:05:56 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
If our season goes down the pan following protests and booing and other bollocks, i won't see the blame lying at the board’s door. They could be the root cause, but sure as hell they won't be calling for people's heads and lowering morale at the pitch side.
It's a very delicate situation now and fans shouldn't do anything that undermines the spirit of the players ... otherwise they'll get what they deserve.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 12:25:21 »

No point in protesting until there is a plan B in place. If the board suddently up and walk it could be game over. Be careful what you wish for, it may come true.

Don't mistake that as a message of happiness and support for the board mind.

Saturday my aim is to outsing the lincoln fans and see us win. I may need a little help wth the first bit...
mr ian

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 12:28:04 »

Quote from: "Batch"
No point in protesting until there is a plan B in place. If the board suddently up and walk it could be game over. Be careful what you wish for, it may come true.

Don't mistake that as a message of happiness and support for the board mind.

Saturday my aim is to outsing the lincoln fans and see us win. I may need a little help wth the first bit...

agreed,well said
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: